Notification center: not in lockscreen...?

takui

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi to all, i'm new ^^

and...that's the problem :| I cannot see the nc in the lockscreen, event with the option under it enabled...it works only from the springboard... i'm the only one with this problem? :|

ios 5 gm...

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
That is normal. The pull down notification shade does not work from the lock screen.

Notifications are shown separately in the lock screen and can be enabled/ disabled in the notification settings.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4 on iOS 5 GM

takui

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
yes, i dont want the pull down one, i mean that i cannot see the nc at all in the lockscreen. I think it's a bug btw. I've tryed to send an sms to me, and to wait for it with the phone locked. What I got isnt the notify in the lockscreen nc, but only the new big popup with the program icon to slide for reply. After I slide it and the box for reply appear (i'm using bitesms from the lockscreen), the notify appear in the lockscreen notification center too (i can see it throught the popup). But I cannot see the calendar at all there, only in the "push down" version.

Probably it's a bug? I've noticed that the language in the slide change from mine (italian) to english when I've to slide for reply... many fix to do in these days...

mszatny

Oct 24, 2000
Visit site
Just installed IOS 5. I also don't see the Notification Center on the lock screen. I only get it when I swipe down on the app screen.

MS

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Just installed IOS 5. I also don't see the Notification Center on the lock screen. I only get it when I swipe down on the app screen.

MS

That is correct. You won't get the swipe down notification center in the lock screen. That is normal. You get notifications in the lock screen when you get one, but not the notification center itself.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4 on iOS 5 using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
notifications on the lockscreen are only visible when you receive a notification while in LS mode, as per notification. meaning you will not see past notifications

OP, being jailbroken while on the new OS is garunteed to run into issues. keep searching

i am diligently looking for a JB tweak that will allow the NC to be activated while in LS mode

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
yes, i dont want the pull down one, i mean that i cannot see the nc at all in the lockscreen. I think it's a bug btw. I've tryed to send an sms to me, and to wait for it with the phone locked. What I got isnt the notify in the lockscreen nc, but only the new big popup with the program icon to slide for reply. After I slide it and the box for reply appear (i'm using bitesms from the lockscreen), the notify appear in the lockscreen notification center too (i can see it throught the popup). But I cannot see the calendar at all there, only in the "push down" version.

Probably it's a bug? I've noticed that the language in the slide change from mine (italian) to english when I've to slide for reply... many fix to do in these days...

Just to clarify. You get the notifications with the slide to reply show up in the lock screen?

That is normal. That is all you get. You do not get calendar appointments in the lock screen. The lock screen only shows NOTIFICATION ALERTS for new emails, SMS, etc. It doesn't display general info like calendar appointments. Only the pull down does. I hope that makes sense. :)

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Just to clarify. You get the notifications with the slide to reply show up in the lock screen?

That is normal. That is all you get. You do not get calendar appointments in the lock screen. The lock screen only shows NOTIFICATION ALERTS for new emails, SMS, etc. It doesn't display general info like calendar appointments. Only the pull down does. I hope that makes sense. :)

ah that does help thank you! I do wish calendar showed tho- damn!

jaytapp21

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site

Sorry I disagree.... I have an option in Notifications, Calendar, at the bottom "View in Lock Screen" on or off. Therefore with that option set to on I would expect to see calendar entries to show on the lock screen, but they don't. I do get everything else showing on the lock screen.

Also the swipe down once past the lock screen displays all notifications including calendar. However I have set the option to show 5 calendar appointments, but I only ever get 1 displayed.

There must be a bug on the lock screen calendar notifications.

Jay

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
not sure how far apart your calendar appointments are but the NC only views 24 hrs ahead, i believe

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
not sure how far apart your calendar appointments are but the NC only views 24 hrs ahead, i believe

It's the same for me and I see it when I swipe but not in lock screen. I agree if it's in settings to show on lock screen you would think it would show on lock screen.

egrolman

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
That is normal. The pull down notification shade does not work from the lock screen.

Notifications are shown separately in the lock screen and can be enabled/ disabled in the notification settings.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4 on iOS 5 GM
I'm having similar problems and could use help, please.

I am receiving NO EMAILS in the notification center, even though all the appropriate buttons are pushed and boxes are checked in Settings. The emails arrive in my inbox but I never get notification in the notification center, lock screen or elsewhere. Reminders, for some reason, I do get in the NC. Appreciate any help.

jaytapp21

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I've already had 1 all day event for today and that didnt show. Just added another 4 events for 1 hour each that didnt overlap on the start time all with a 15 minute alert. Not one of them was displayed in the lock screen. They showed on the swipe down notifications tab. But why the lock screen option so it must be possible to show them on the lock screen.
Can anyone confirm they have calendar appointment notifications showing on the lock screen.

Thanks jay

Steve28

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I think you all are really confused.

For calendar the "view in lock screen" setting means that new invitations and/or reminder alerts for upcoming events will show on the lock screen. It does NOT mean that your day's schedule will be displayed on the lock screen.

When you turn on "notification center" for calendar, that controls whether your upcoming day's events are shown in the swipe-down notification center.

jaytapp21

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site

For calendar the "view in lock screen" setting means that new invitations and/or reminder alerts for upcoming events will show on the lock screen. It does NOT mean that your day's schedule will be displayed on the lock screen.

When you turn on "notification center" for calendar, that controls whether your upcoming day's events are shown in the swipe-down notification center.

Steve28

No I'm not confused....
As mentioned in my post above. I created 4 appointments/events all with a reminder set to 15 minutes before the appointment/event start time. Not one appeared in the lock screen.

Thanks Jay

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
is there anyway to make it showup there? Maybe set reminders way ahead so it sits there all day?

No. Every time you unlock the phone, the alerts will no longer show up on the lock screen (although they will remain in Notification Center [that is, the window shade when your phone is unlocked] until they are cleared). Like others have been saying, calendar notifications only show up on the lock screen if your phone is locked and you have an event reminder set or receive an event invitation.

Example event reminder notification in the lock screen:

Photo%20Oct%2015,%2011%2045%2019.png

egrolman

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site

Steve,
Certainly I can expect to receive notifications of emails in the lockscreen, right? This is what is not working for me, even with all the right settings. I've rebooted several times, went back into Settings and turned notification/view in lockscreen to OFF, rebooted, turned notification/view in lockscreen back ON; no luck. I have gotten a reminder on the lockscreen, just no email notifications. Would appreciate the collective expertise of the forum for some help.
Thanks.

Steve28

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I make no claims about your email issue - I was referring to the mass confusion where people are expecting their schedule to show up on the lock screen.

As for the emails - If I turn on Settings->Notifications->Mail->View in Lock Screen to "ON" - I get a notification when a new email comes in. I have two email accounts set up - both are exchange - one for work and one Gmail.

BTW, you need to have your email accounts set to Push or check on some schedule. If they are set to check manually, then no new mail would come in while your phone is locked.

Reactions: egrolman

egrolman

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I make no claims about your email issue - I was referring to the mass confusion where people are expecting their schedule to show up on the lock screen.

As for the emails - If I turn on Settings->Notifications->Mail->View in Lock Screen to "ON" - I get a notification when a new email comes in. I have two email accounts set up - both are exchange - one for work and one Gmail.

BTW, you need to have your email accounts set to Push or check on some schedule. If they are set to check manually, then no new mail would come in while your phone is locked.
Thanks. I think you may have solved my problem, since I usually don't use Push or Fetch to preserve battery life. I'll use Push and see if that works; I'll come back to the forum again if that doesn't work. Thanks again!