the Case of the Phantom Message

hollidizzle

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
So, first off, if this has been covered forgive me. I've been fighting iTunes crashes and restore's for the last 2 hours so I'm not really up to searching...

My messages keep showing I have an unread message. Badge on the icon, and (1) in the messages. However, I DON'T HAVE any unread messages!! I've tried a full restore and it's come right back. I've tried deleting all the messages as well.

I think it started when i tried to install MobiSec on my phone from Cydia. Not sayiing that's the cause, but that's when it happened. I have since removed MobiSec, BiteSMS, and restored twice, no solution.

Is this a bug with the Beta maybe? I"m running iOS5GM...

hollidizzle

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Nope. Didn't work. Killed the message app, and hard resetted. Still there. I might try to restore from an older back up when i get home today

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
So, first off, if this has been covered forgive me. I've been fighting iTunes crashes and restore's for the last 2 hours so I'm not really up to searching...

My messages keep showing I have an unread message. Badge on the icon, and (1) in the messages. However, I DON'T HAVE any unread messages!! I've tried a full restore and it's come right back. I've tried deleting all the messages as well.

I think it started when i tried to install MobiSec on my phone from Cydia. Not sayiing that's the cause, but that's when it happened. I have since removed MobiSec, BiteSMS, and restored twice, no solution.

Is this a bug with the Beta maybe? I"m running iOS5GM...

Did you restore as new or from a backup? Sounds like something is corrupt in a backup.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner