Reading about the new iCloud it says you can have a free @me.com email. I have a few questions on this...
1. Does anyone know how much storage that consists of?
2. Do you have to have an Apple desktop or macbook to have one? I only have an iPhone.
3. For any who have @me email, are you happy with it? How does it compare to gmail or hotmail if you've used those before?
4. This email will not be available unti iOS5 is released, correct?
- 10-05-2011, 11:07 AM #2
1. No clue, but it's not heavily restricted.
2. No. It works on any browser, but best performance on Safari for Windows.
3. I think it gets the job done, but nothing spectacular.
4. It goes live when iCloud does.
- 10-05-2011, 04:18 PM #3
I was wondering about these new @me.com accounts too. Do we just register for one when we first open iCloud? And would that replace the normal yahoo address I have for my iTunes account? Any help on this would be great. Thanks.
- 10-05-2011, 05:30 PM #4
Nope, it wouldn't replace it. Get one if you want email & notes synced through icloud is the purpose i think. I plan on keeping gmail.
But if anyone knows better, feel free to chime in. This is just from me setting up 4 devices today on iOS 5 in a family sharing same itunes account.
So far i'm not backing up through icloud and chose computer.
- 10-05-2011, 07:10 PM #5
- 10-05-2011, 08:50 PM #6
- 10-06-2011, 02:36 PM #7iPhone Newbie
- 21 Posts
- iOS Version
- 5 GM
iCloud webmail works great! The filtering system is robust and it's very clean / fully featured. I've used Gmail for years and iCloud has many of the same features. You can also set it up on non-apple devices just like Gmail
- 10-06-2011, 02:59 PM #8
I was looking into switching to @me from gmail but have a lot of contacts that I simply don't want to retype into the contacts app. I can't find anywhere in the iCloud portal to import CSV or vcf files with Contact data. Anyone have any clue about this?
- 10-06-2011, 03:04 PM #9
- 10-06-2011, 09:40 PM #10
- 10-06-2011, 09:44 PM #11
- 10-07-2011, 06:28 AM #12
- 10-07-2011, 06:36 AM #13
- 10-08-2011, 12:59 PM #14
- 10-08-2011, 02:25 PM #15
Me is a nice service and I use the iDisk quite regularly. The gallery is a nice feature but not as important to me. iDisk is basically a Microsoft skydive and quite useful within as someone before mentioned integrated in the Apple infrastructure and makes a lot of sense, especially when you use a Macintosh.
Or in short, go get it! )
- 10-08-2011, 03:08 PM #16iMore Intermediate
- 176 Posts
- iOS Version
Does anybody know if you can set an email alias as your default reply/sent from address? I have an alias that i prefer to use but it always defaults to the original email@example.com address that is my Apple ID. I am tired of having to go through the steps of switching the "sent from" field on every email I send out.