@me.com email

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Reading about the new iCloud it says you can have a free @me.com email. I have a few questions on this...

1. Does anyone know how much storage that consists of?
2. Do you have to have an Apple desktop or macbook to have one? I only have an iPhone.
3. For any who have @me email, are you happy with it? How does it compare to gmail or hotmail if you've used those before?
4. This email will not be available unti iOS5 is released, correct?

Thanks,
Brandan

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
1. No clue, but it's not heavily restricted.

2. No. It works on any browser, but best performance on Safari for Windows.

3. I think it gets the job done, but nothing spectacular.

4. It goes live when iCloud does.

Reactions: bgl321

paul-c

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering about these new @me.com accounts too. Do we just register for one when we first open iCloud? And would that replace the normal yahoo address I have for my iTunes account? Any help on this would be great. Thanks.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Nope, it wouldn't replace it. Get one if you want email & notes synced through icloud is the purpose i think. I plan on keeping gmail.

But if anyone knows better, feel free to chime in. This is just from me setting up 4 devices today on iOS 5 in a family sharing same itunes account.

So far i'm not backing up through icloud and chose computer.

Reactions: paul-c

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Reading about the new iCloud it says you can have a free @me.com email. I have a few questions on this...

1. Does anyone know how much storage that consists of?
2. Do you have to have an Apple desktop or macbook to have one? I only have an iPhone.
3. For any who have @me email, are you happy with it? How does it compare to gmail or hotmail if you've used those before?
4. This email will not be available unti iOS5 is released, correct?

Thanks,
Brandan

1. 5GB with option to buy more.
2. No.
3. So far so good.
4. When iCloud is available.

RyanR

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
iCloud webmail works great! The filtering system is robust and it's very clean / fully featured. I've used Gmail for years and iCloud has many of the same features. You can also set it up on non-apple devices just like Gmail :)

pingpongitore

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I was looking into switching to @me from gmail but have a lot of contacts that I simply don't want to retype into the contacts app. I can't find anywhere in the iCloud portal to import CSV or vcf files with Contact data. Anyone have any clue about this?

NotHomer

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
I have had a @me.com account for a couple of years and really like it. I don't use the gallery feature of the MobileMe much, but understand that it is leaving with iCloud. I am going to keep the account just because of the sync feature.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The only real benefits would be keeping everything within the Apple ecosystem.

Personally, I'll be keeping my Gmail.

Crisdean

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Me is a nice service and I use the iDisk quite regularly. The gallery is a nice feature but not as important to me. iDisk is basically a Microsoft skydive and quite useful within as someone before mentioned integrated in the Apple infrastructure and makes a lot of sense, especially when you use a Macintosh.

Or in short, go get it! :))

Farmdreads

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
Does anybody know if you can set an email alias as your default reply/sent from address? I have an alias that i prefer to use but it always defaults to the original ______@me.com address that is my Apple ID. I am tired of having to go through the steps of switching the "sent from" field on every email I send out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR