Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    iPhone Newbie

17 Posts

Default Can I change to a new iCloud Apple ID after iPhone set up?

I set up my daughter's iphone on ios5, but apparently during set up, I allowed it to use my apple id as her icloud id. As others have stated, we want to share an apple id for itunes, but have separate apple ids for icloud purposes. Is there any way to change the icloud password AFTER the phone was set up?

iPhone Intermediate

102 Posts
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts

Yes i screwed up too, i by accidentally signed into iCloud with the iTunes ID. We're getting our phones today so i plan to create separate iCloud ids during setup but am afraid when we go to sign out and back in with the original iTunes ID its going to pick it up as an iCloud id.
    iPhone Nanite

5 Posts

To set up a separate iCloud account, do you have to set up a new apple id? Is that the same thing?
    iMore Beginner

75 Posts

Where is the option to sign up for an icloud account? When I upgraded to ios5 it just signed me in under my apple ID and that is what it showed in icloud. The only time I was able to do anything with icloud was when I turned notes on and it prompted me to sign up for a me.com account. I'm a little concerned that when I upgrade my wife's phone everything will be syncing to both and I know she doesn't want my apps, contacts, etc. on her phone and vice versa. Any help is appreciated. FYI under icloud account info is has my apple ID grayed out and under description it says icloud. HELP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12