Apple seeds iOS 5 Gold Master - Leave Feedback here!

Rodeoz

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi I'm new to this forum and just updated to the gm version today a few hours ago and just have Agee concerns. When I try to get my contacts backed up with the contact transfer Verizon app it doesn't want to go through it keeps saying it couldn't connect and to try again later it's like it doesn't get signal same with my tikl talk app I try and walkie talkie but still doesn't connect any suggestions? Tried wifi but I can't back up my contacts through wifi and regular trying wont go thru also I have that same update issue where I click look for new update and I get the error message suggestions?

And when Wednesday comes around will we be able to ota the official update since alot of people did that when going from beta 7 to GM

OTA update was not possible from beta 7 to GM I believe.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Hi I'm new to this forum and just updated to the gm version today a few hours ago and just have Agee concerns. When I try to get my contacts backed up with the contact transfer Verizon app it doesn't want to go through it keeps saying it couldn't connect and to try again later it's like it doesn't get signal same with my tikl talk app I try and walkie talkie but still doesn't connect any suggestions? Tried wifi but I can't back up my contacts through wifi and regular trying wont go thru also I have that same update issue where I click look for new update and I get the error message suggestions?

And when Wednesday comes around will we be able to ota the official update since alot of people did that when going from beta 7 to GM

If you're on the GM, you won't have anything to update to. The GM is the iOS 5 that everyone else will get next week. It will not be an OTA update.

Why are you not syncing your contacts with iTunes or Google to avoid the issues you are describing?

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
There's a slight possibility there will be a GM 2 seeded, but I doubt it. For a fact, over-the-air updates were not an option when updating to the GM from beta 7. After that, it will be smooth sailing. I've seen 2 GM versions released only once before, so I wouldn't count on that.

If you're having issues with notification center, I recommend going into seeings and playing with the new features. If you haven't used iOS 5 at all until the GM, give it some time to soak. There's a lot to soak in on this update from earlier iOS versions.

isrararrafi

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
ok, so i got the GM version today for my iPad 1. Couple of problems i am having

1. no notification center in the lock screen, even though i have it enabled for 5 of my apps including email. the notifications show fine when in the pull down menu but nothing in the lock screen. Anyone else having these problems?

2. can't find option in reminder for the location based reminder. Only have the option to set the day on/off. btw...my ipad is wifi based only. could that be a reason? nothing in apple website says it wont work for ipad

3. multi gestures specified as a feature in apple website dont seem to work (swiping 4 fingers to switch between apps or pinch to go to home screen. (i searched online and seemed like it was not enabled for the betas yet! is that true for the GM version too?

and out of curiousity i know iphones will get weather and stock info on the notification center. But ipad dont have those built in apps..but will it be possible for the app creators of accuweather or the weather channel to make those infos available on the notification center?

i hope these r not noob questions

regarding my eariler post...i have found what i was doing wrong. Apparently the lockscreen notification only shows the notifications i received while my ipad was on standby.

still can't find the location based reminder...but seems like a couple of people here had the same problem and it was solved once they reinstalled it. So i am just going to wait until wednesday to reinstall the final version.

and multigestures (the official ones apple is talking about in their ios 5 page)...well its still not working. Can anyone confirm that it has not worked in any of the betas or GM? thanks

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
If you're on the GM, you won't have anything to update to. The GM is the iOS 5 that everyone else will get next week. It will not be an OTA update.

Why are you not syncing your contacts with iTunes or Google to avoid the issues you are describing?

I've been trying to do that but I can't for the life of me figure it out, when i had my droid 3 all my. Contacts synced via google and when I got my iPhone the Verizon guy did something where he pushed my contacts from google to my phone how do I do it?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
On your iPhone, go into settings, and make sure that your Google account (where your contacts are) is set up as an Exchange account.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Awesome it works thanks everyone :) another question if I wanted to add a contact so it synced up with my google contacts I just add my contact to the google contacts group under my contacts and would it go save itself from there?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
As long as your Gmail exchange account is set as your default account, then yes, any time you add a contact it will add to your Google contacts.

iFrosty

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
There's a slight possibility there will be a GM 2 seeded, but I doubt it. For a fact, over-the-air updates were not an option when updating to the GM from beta 7. After that, it will be smooth sailing. I've seen 2 GM versions released only once before, so I wouldn't count on that.

If you're having issues with notification center, I recommend going into seeings and playing with the new features. If you haven't used iOS 5 at all until the GM, give it some time to soak. There's a lot to soak in on this update from earlier iOS versions.

I thought OTA was disabled for the GM because (i read this somewhere; i will look for the source) the ramdisk could not be patched like all the other OTA updates. It had to be freshly reinstalled via itunes

isrararrafi

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone confirm whether the location based reminder working for iPad 1 wifi version??

Also..about iMessage ..I have an iPad and if I want to MSG someone with an iPhone I m guessing I have to and it to his phone number...but what if I wanna text someone with an iPad? Do I put in his iTunes ID in the to field? Or ME ID? And would he just receive a text or receive an email too in tht address? I have the gm version but don't know anyone else who r using it, so can't check myself

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner