- 10-07-2011, 02:00 PM #101iPhone Nanite
- 2 Posts
On an iPhone 4 with GM release.
I'm pretty sure the Notifications setting area is buggy. I added Mail to the notification center, but I want it to display above the Stock ticker. I can Edit and move it up, but Notifications keeps moving everything back. I've also seen some weirdness with iCloud settings syncing, where I'll make a change in Settings and come back later and it has reverted.
- 10-07-2011, 02:01 PM #102
- 10-07-2011, 02:26 PM #103iMore Newbie
- 42 Posts
- 10-07-2011, 03:02 PM #104
- 10-07-2011, 03:36 PM #105
- 10-07-2011, 04:04 PM #106
- 10-07-2011, 04:19 PM #107iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
IOS5 is not yet considered in production...
Has anyone considered that the reason you're getting this error quickly after checking for update is that the production update servers aren't yet live since IOS5 isn't officially live?
Our IOS5 beta OTA updates were being hosted from development servers, the same way iCloud was being hosted.
Patience, young padawans.
- 10-07-2011, 04:27 PM #108iMore Expert
- 775 Posts
Only thing I'm seeing is notification center or ios5 itself is using 40-50 more mb's of RAM than ios4 jailbroken or not. One thing is deleting apps. They kind of tilt a little, kind of hard to explain. Ios5 GM is very clean from what I've seen. But just like any new software. Apple will release it and within 1 week or 2 weeks they will have 1 or 2 minor updates for a bug fix, so 5.0.1 or 5.0.2 will be in late October i would say
- 10-07-2011, 08:46 PM #109
- 10-07-2011, 09:03 PM #110
- 10-08-2011, 12:18 AM #111
- 10-08-2011, 06:09 AM #112iMore Newbie
- 21 Posts
I guess I'm still a n00b at all of this because yesterday was the first time I've tinkered with putting something on my phone wasn't on a release date by Apple. I put the iOS 5 GM on there using iTunes 10.5 beta 7 for Windows.
When the release comes out on the 12th for iOS 5 and iTunes, will I be able to get it all without an issue? Or will having the GM on my phone already cause a problem I didn't think about?
- 10-08-2011, 08:11 AM #113
on the 12th..
I believe you'll just need to update your iTunes, restart, and the select restore in your summary section. then it's up to you if you would like to "Restore as New" or from "Backup" when given the option
basically you are restoring the device, but with the final release version
some people just continue to use the GM but i may restore on the 12th myself
- 10-08-2011, 08:15 AM #114
- 10-08-2011, 09:07 AM #115
Wireless sync has ceased working for me now, after working just great throughout all the betas. One minute it works, next minute my Mac doesn't even see the iPhone. <sigh> I'm still blaming iTunes.
- 10-08-2011, 12:27 PM #116
- 10-08-2011, 12:34 PM #117
- 10-08-2011, 12:36 PM #118
- 10-08-2011, 11:11 PM #119iPhone Beginner
- 50 Posts
ok, so i got the GM version today for my iPad 1. Couple of problems i am having
1. no notification center in the lock screen, even though i have it enabled for 5 of my apps including email. the notifications show fine when in the pull down menu but nothing in the lock screen. Anyone else having these problems?
2. can't find option in reminder for the location based reminder. Only have the option to set the day on/off. btw...my ipad is wifi based only. could that be a reason? nothing in apple website says it wont work for ipad
3. multi gestures specified as a feature in apple website dont seem to work (swiping 4 fingers to switch between apps or pinch to go to home screen. (i searched online and seemed like it was not enabled for the betas yet! is that true for the GM version too?
and out of curiousity i know iphones will get weather and stock info on the notification center. But ipad dont have those built in apps..but will it be possible for the app creators of accuweather or the weather channel to make those infos available on the notification center?
i hope these r not noob questions
- 10-09-2011, 04:22 AM #120
Hi I'm new to this forum and just updated to the gm version today a few hours ago and just have Agee concerns. When I try to get my contacts backed up with the contact transfer Verizon app it doesn't want to go through it keeps saying it couldn't connect and to try again later it's like it doesn't get signal same with my tikl talk app I try and walkie talkie but still doesn't connect any suggestions? Tried wifi but I can't back up my contacts through wifi and regular trying wont go thru also I have that same update issue where I click look for new update and I get the error message suggestions?
And when Wednesday comes around will we be able to ota the official update since alot of people did that when going from beta 7 to GM
- 10-09-2011, 08:46 AM #122
- 10-09-2011, 09:09 AM #123iPhone Intermediate
- 250 Posts
There's a slight possibility there will be a GM 2 seeded, but I doubt it. For a fact, over-the-air updates were not an option when updating to the GM from beta 7. After that, it will be smooth sailing. I've seen 2 GM versions released only once before, so I wouldn't count on that.
If you're having issues with notification center, I recommend going into seeings and playing with the new features. If you haven't used iOS 5 at all until the GM, give it some time to soak. There's a lot to soak in on this update from earlier iOS versions.
- 10-09-2011, 10:13 AM #124
- 10-09-2011, 11:43 AM #125iPhone Beginner
- 50 Posts
still can't find the location based reminder...but seems like a couple of people here had the same problem and it was solved once they reinstalled it. So i am just going to wait until wednesday to reinstall the final version.
and multigestures (the official ones apple is talking about in their ios 5 page)...well its still not working. Can anyone confirm that it has not worked in any of the betas or GM? thanks