iOS 5 Official Public Release

SurfStoked

Jan 10, 2009
Visit site
So do you guys have any idea when the official release will be? I'm trying to remember back to iOS 4. Did they wait for the day the iPhone 4 was shipped to the public? Or did we get iOS 4 for our 3GS before iPhone 4 was released?

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Probably October 12th. Ever since the 3.0 release they have put out the final x.0 software a few days before the phone release date, to avoid the crazy server crashes that happened on 2.0, which prevented a lot of people from activating their phones in the store.

So yeah I'd have to say it'll be either the Tuesday or wednesday before the launch date. Although the GM (which non-devs can install if they want) will be available a few hours after the October 4th event in all likelihood.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
The gold master. In other words, the final version of the iOS 5.0 software. 9.5 times out of 10, they release it to the developers early.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
technically the GM is for Devs only. once the GM is released there will be copies somewhere online. just search diligently

off topic:
i see you live in Huntington Beach, CA. i lived there myself for a couple of years. i always found myself ending up at Hurricane Bar & Grill. great place!

iSteven

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Logically, we should see a GM on Oct 4 or just after, or maybe a Beta 8 with Siri assistant and new things not yet announced, then a GM a week after, just before iPhone 4S / 5 launch.
So mid oct. seems a safe bet, no ?

gthugballin

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Logically, we should see a GM on Oct 4 or just after, or maybe a Beta 8 with Siri assistant and new things not yet announced, then a GM a week after, just before iPhone 4S / 5 launch.
So mid oct. seems a safe bet, no ?

Doubtful on the beta 8... its sasid the assistant won't be on the current iPhone 4.

Bob_B

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
So after learning what we did today...i have a few questions.

Will my current iPhone 4 be upgradable to 64gb with an operating system upgrade?
Will the new iOS 5 upgrade my camera to 8 mp?
Will the iPhone 4 have SIRI?

Thanks
Bob

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR