Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ghostface147
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

19 Posts

Default How are indie developers testing iOS 5?

I only have two devices to test on and neither one I'm comfortable with upgrading to iOS 5 beta. Should I just wait till iOS 5 releases before addressing issues? How are other indie developers anticipating the new release?
    iMore Genius

3,680 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,787 Global Posts

Just use the iOS 5 sdk and rework your apps. What's there to be afraid of? You have two.
    Premium1 likes this.
    iMore Genius

10,934 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts

Use TestFlight and get a bunch of people who are anxious to take the new os for a spin test your app. They'll fall all over themselves for the opportunity.
    iMore Intermediate

219 Posts
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

Don't believe everything you hear about iOS 5. On beta 7, I have 1 app out of 96 that crashes when I try to do something. That's not to say everything is iOS 5 compatible, but I'd say that's pretty good. Also, the OS is extremely stable. Aside from some music app issues (which are stated in the release notes), I really haven't had any problems.

Alli is right, though. TestFlight is a great way to test apps, and it's free. PM me if you'd like, I'd be glad to help you out.
    iPhone Elite

2,432 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

The Beta has been really stable for me since B1!

It's B7 now, it's practically GM. Get testing. If you're that scared, buy a 3rd gen iPod touch off someone on kijiji for $100 (to help test for backwards compatibility) and use that. The Beta is really stable though, you have nothing to worry about.