iOS 5 Beta 8 Drops This Friday, Final Gold Master Version Next Week

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
iOS 5 beta 8 coming this Friday, GM on the 23rd, iPhone 5 launch early October as rumored?

We have received some information from a trusted source surrounding upcoming release of iOS 5 that could help pinpoint a more specific launch time frame for the iPhone 5. Starting off, we have been told that even though Apple seeded iTunes 10.5 beta 8 last week, iOS 5 beta 8 won?t be released until this Friday. After beta 8, Apple will introduce a Gold Master build on or around September 23rd as has been rumored. We believe that build is what will be loaded onto the already-assembled iPhone 5 hardware currently waiting for final software in China. Apple will then request that carrier partners give technical acceptance to the Gold Master by October 5th if there are no issues with it. What?s not clear is what Apple will do if the Gold Master doesn?t pass technical acceptance for some reason, though odds are it will still be loaded on the iPhone 5 at launch with a software update made available almost immediately following the device?s release.

Reactions: LillyC

dcgore

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
If i am not mistaken this is the most beta versions seeded out of all iOS versions. Beta 7 is pretty buggy, the facebook app does not work on my phone.

tewest86

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
That has nothing to do with ios5. That's because facebook hasn't updated its app to work with ios5 yet because ios5 hasn't been released. That's why it's called a BETA! When FB updates it's app for ios5 then it will work.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
late last night i started getting FB notifications (v3.5 on iOS 5 beta 7 - iP4)

this is the first time since the 3.5 update. very odd

phoon61

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Ive never had a problem with facebook app with ios 5 betas.
Its a sluggish app to begin with but not because of ios 5 beta.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
supposedly there 200+ new features that would go against your theory..

maybe wait until you see for yourself?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen