iOS 5 Questions

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a developer but I figured this would be the thread to ask this question. I know os5 is still in beta but my question is, If you have two iPhones using the same apple id do things (apps, songs, etc.) download to both phones? For instance, if the husband downloads the Facebook app, does the Facebook app also download to the wires phone? The reason I'm asking is just in case I have to give the misses her own apple id when os5 releases to the public. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a developer but I figured this would be the thread to ask this question. I know os5 is still in beta but my question is, If you have two iPhones using the same apple id do things (apps, songs, etc.) download to both phones? For instance, if the husband downloads the Facebook app, does the Facebook app also download to the wires phone? The reason I'm asking is just in case I have to give the misses her own apple id when os5 releases to the public. Any input is greatly appreciated!

It would but on each you can turn the option off on each device same go if u have a iPhone and iPad obviously you don't want all your iPhone apps on your iPad the option is called wireless syncing I think you would still be able to sync the wife phone but just have the option to auto install new apps disabled and if it's a app u paid for and she wants she could Download it free or vise versa if you have two diff apple I'd you would pay for songs / apps twice if you both wanted the same one.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site

My wife has always used my apple ID on her touch and we have completely different apps installed. Anything I install on my iPhone does not install on her touch, and vice versa. All apps are shown in the app store app on both our devices, but they don't auto install. You have to download them from the cloud if you want them.

---
- Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4 on iOS 5 b5.

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You have the option to auto install or not. I share my Apple ID with a friend. One weekend I turned on my phone to discover that I had a whole new page of apps - all free kiddy games. I asked my friend if he was entering his 2nd childhood, or if he'd been letting his godson play with his phone again. He was shocked that I knew about the downloads.

More recently I purchased a new app, and that night recommended he install it since I'd purchased it. He looked at his iPhone and it was there already- and he's on stock 4.3.x, not the iOS 5 beta.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
You have the option to auto install or not. I share my Apple ID with a friend. One weekend I turned on my phone to discover that I had a whole new page of apps - all free kiddy games. I asked my friend if he was entering his 2nd childhood, or if he'd been letting his godson play with his phone again. He was shocked that I knew about the downloads.

More recently I purchased a new app, and that night recommended he install it since I'd purchased it. He looked at his iPhone and it was there already- and he's on stock 4.3.x, not the iOS 5 beta.

Hrm. I had no idea there was an option for that. They have never auto-installed on our setup (installed an app on both that was purchased on one) so I assumed it was the norm. Learn something new every day! Lol

---
- Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4 on iOS 5 b5.

d-rob70

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
Is it common knowledge that iOS5 final release will go public on the day of the Apple conference?

I don't know. I was just asking. Is that how it usually works?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73