IOS 5 Beta 4 Released From Apple

Hack3r

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Look what was just announced . Finally a update hope this fixes alot of the crashing apps

Apple releases iOS beta 4

Apple has today released the fourth version of its iOS 5 beta to developers. The new version should offer some stability improvements and bug fixes.

In addition to iOS 5 beta 4, Apple has also released iTunes 10.5 beta 4 and Xcode 4.2 beta 4.

As has been the case with the last 3 releases of iOS 5 and iTunes 10.5 beta, you will not be able make backups of iPhones running iOS 5 Beta 3 or earlier with the new iTunes beta. Apple recommends that you make a backup first, upgrade to iTunes 10.5 b4, then restore. You may get a connection error but the restore will still complete.

The iOS 5 beta is available for download now on the Apple Developer site. Note that Apple requires that you have a developer account and a device registered on the site in order to download and install iOS 5.

iOS 5 is the next major revision to Apple?s software for iPhone, iPod, Apple TV and iPad devices. The new OS is slated for release in the fall of this year. You can see our complete rundown of the iOS announcements at WWDC here. We?ve also got a closer look at some of the features of iOS like iMessages, Twitter, Setup and Notification Center, iCloud and alerts.

Stay tuned for change log

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Can I do this via OTA?

Reportedly, YES!

Downloading OTA as I type this... the OTA update is about 133 MB.

ota.png

Last edited:

Hack3r

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I am unable to do ota. It looked like it was gonna work then I got a error and now all I get This searching for updates . Any idea how to fix this?

jimmers

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
OTA update worked fine for me. As a side note be aware that the update will sit at < 1 minute to go for quite a while (about 10-15 minutes). Don't panic. The update will eventually finish and the phone will reboot.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
OTA update worked fine for me. As a side note be aware that the update will sit at < 1 minute to go for quite a while (about 10-15 minutes). Don't panic. The update will eventually finish and the phone will reboot.

That's a good point. I panicked on my iPhone 4 and went the iTunes update route when it paused... but I had started my iPod Touch at the same time and let it run... it did the OTA update fine.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Appreciate your advice... however unless someone reads this before they update, they are going to assume something is wrong. Like I did. :mad:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Garz, you're slippin' ;) :D

My connection told me right when Apple released it. They didn't have any warning. If they don't give me info, I have noting to pass along. Hopefully I can report something prior to beta 5 hitting. Yeah I know we slipped lol And I only will report something if solid. I don't like to report rumors.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77