iOS 5 beta 3 released to devs! Post you bugs/findings

bizfox

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Sugarsync's features seem to all work 100% for me this time around (as opposed to beta 2). I can even play stored videos of my kids without any hiccups.

Rusty Shackelford#IM

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Whatever was disabled in beta 2 that was wreaking havoc on the chase mobile app is no longer an issue for the app.

Haven't tried to cash a check yet, but everything else seems to be working swimmingly.

This release seems more stable to me other than the afore mentioned issue with the UI bug that apple is aware of as it is in the release notes. Tapatalk failed to open the first time, but worked great the second attempt.

Haven't had time with much else yet.

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
1. If u want to tweet a photo from your camroll or album using the built in twitter, you can't add location.
2. Dropbox crashes when trying to upload photo. Same for Quickshot and Transfer. Thus it must be an OS bug.
3. Camera still doesn't remember HDR setting after fully quitting the app.
4. Remindes still have the bug with reocurring events. If you have a repeating task for every day and you mark it as donem it creates a new task which is correct but it does it with the same date (today) instead of tomorrow. If the due date is reached it is working, the bug only exists if you mark as done before the actual due date or time.
5. Some thumbnails in camera roll do not show preview anymore
6. Tweetbot can't send direct message anymore.

nyanyanmeow

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Sunspider 0.9.1 Javascript Benchmark Results for iPad 2 :

iOS 5 Beta 1 : 1740ms
iOS 5 Beta 2 : 1698ms
iOS 5 Beta 3 : 2078ms

wow. it increased back. it's like running the benchmark in 4.3.3

Ios5beta3

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Seems that in Beta 1, Videos App didn't work completely unless having headphones plugged in, in Beta 2, it worked but the sound wouldn't come unless you had headphones plugged in, but you could still watching without them connected, in Beta 3, all works, the sound and video!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Alli, you wouldn't happen to have any "silent" tones laying around would you?

while at work i receive an abnormal amount of texts and would love to just have my texts ONLY silent and vibrate, while have all other tones ON

I had one back in the Treo days...I'll see if I can hunt it down and send it your way.

ek9max

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I was having a chat via text with a buddy. After I was done I went into te notification pull down and noticed there were a few text messages from our chat sill in there.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
@ Garz.... Are you still having issues when trying to open an app?? You said it was pretty bad yesterday, I haven't heard anybody else with the same problem...

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Thanks @DataCentre. Good thing since I'm now stuck on the beta.

Now why does Photosynth die if you try to log in with your Windows credentials? You can log into FB just fine. Of course, the app is semi worthless if you can't upload to their site.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks @DataCentre. Good thing since I'm now stuck on the beta.

Now why does Photosynth die if you try to log in with your Windows credentials? You can log into FB just fine. Of course, the app is semi worthless if you can't upload to their site.

Alli,

You can't downgrade?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So far, nobody has been able to downgrade. All errors. Im glad I like beta 3 for the most part

Yeah, was seeing a lot of buzz about that on twitter... of course, Apple warned us that was the case with the beta iOS... though it was still possible for beta 1 and 2.

nyanyanmeow

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Try using a non-beta itunes to downgrade. My ipad downgrades with no hitch from beta 3.

Anyways back to beta 3.

Anyone noticed that the yahoo bookmark in safari no longer opens in tablet mode like beta 1?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Why oh why do the pictures inside of my events in the photo app get sorted crazy? I don't care how the events themselves are listed, but the pictures inside of them should be in order, not grouped randomly. I have pictures taken on the 4th that are mixed with the 3rd, 1st, 2nd in no order. They're sorted fine in iPhoto, even with the latest update from Apple yesterday.

Stupid....totally stupid.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen