iOS 5 beta 2 spontaneous restore

bosonob

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
My legit iOS 5 beta 2 VZ iPhone 4 has three times spontaneously restored itself when waking from sleep. Each time I connected the phone to itunes 10.5 b2 it said that the software on iphone had expired and to restore. I did that grudgingly and funny enough the second time round after sleeping it when I saw the restore screen ( was at the mall) and waking it again it was back to normal; for a day. When itunes sees the iphone when its restored itself all the data type is 'other'. Having had enough of the spontaneous restores I went back to 4.2.8 with no problems yet.

Anybody seen or heard that one, Curious?

Stefan

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I have not heard of this happening to anyone else besides yourself. You can check out the Apple's developer forums to see if anyone else is having the same issue.

jmrmbz

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I had the same thing happen with mine. Mine was due to installing at app called Onavo (Onavo). I don't think it was the app itself but the profile that the app installed too. The last time it happened to be I did the restore and immediately deleted the app and the profile. Then i synched to both icloud and itunes and haven't had a problem since.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR