Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

5 Posts

Default iOS 5 beta 2 spontaneous restore

My legit iOS 5 beta 2 VZ iPhone 4 has three times spontaneously restored itself when waking from sleep. Each time I connected the phone to itunes 10.5 b2 it said that the software on iphone had expired and to restore. I did that grudgingly and funny enough the second time round after sleeping it when I saw the restore screen ( was at the mall) and waking it again it was back to normal; for a day. When itunes sees the iphone when its restored itself all the data type is 'other'. Having had enough of the spontaneous restores I went back to 4.2.8 with no problems yet.

Anybody seen or heard that one, Curious?

6,816 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

I have not heard of this happening to anyone else besides yourself. You can check out the Apple's developer forums to see if anyone else is having the same issue.
    iPhone Beginner

58 Posts

Yeah, check the forums, Hmm weird thing to happen.
    iPhone Pro

555 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Something weird is going on with your iPhone. Check apple developer forums.
    iMore Intermediate

486 Posts
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts

hmmmm, wierd.
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

I had the same thing happen with mine. Mine was due to installing at app called Onavo (Onavo). I don't think it was the app itself but the profile that the app installed too. The last time it happened to be I did the restore and immediately deleted the app and the profile. Then i synched to both icloud and itunes and haven't had a problem since.
    iPhone Intermediate

408 Posts
    Global Posts
    643 Global Posts

dont forget to bug report also..