Why can't i see cydia app settings on ios 5?

lydia331

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
When I go into my settings app on my iPod Touch 4gen running iOS 5 beta1 I scroll past the 3rd row, 1 before the last, and there is nothing there! usually i will have activator android-lock xt ect. but it is not showing up! if there is any mod or hack that can get it back please help!!!

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I agree with Alli, most of the tweaks, apps, etc. in cydia do not work currently with iOS 5. Thats why I am #teampure on iOS 5 for now.

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
no title

Probably because its a tethered jailbreak, meaning in order for you to use it you have to connect it to a computerr every time you want to use it.

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Probably because its a tethered jailbreak, meaning in order for you to use it you have to connect it every time you want to use it.

incorrect. a "tethered jailbreak" requires that the device be connected to a computer each time it needs to be booted
__

to the OP, if you really want your jailbreak back go to 4.3.3 and do it. it is the best way for now

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to go out on a limb here: did you actually jailbreak the beta, or were you expecting Cydia to still be there from your old setup?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Combining what everyone here said iOS 5 is a beta, official apps don't even work fully why would you expect JB apps to be any better? The beta is for devs to find out what is broken in their apps and fix it. So what you could do is report to the devs of your JB apps and they will probably tell you they are already working on updates for iOS 5. The easiest way to fix your issue is to undo the JB and either use the beta or go back to 4.3.3 and JB again. The beta can be JBen that doesn't mean it should be, just means it can be.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2