iOS 5.0 beta 2 Bugs and Issues

anon(415336)

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
It only seems to happen sometimes when I use either headphones or a Bluetooth headset. I am just going to restore and see if it recurs. If so, I don't mind not using connected media for a week or two while they roll out another the next beta.

I too have experienced the iMessage issue. I am just going to make use of my unlimited texting plan for a bit. :)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
It only seems to happen sometimes when I use either headphones or a Bluetooth headset. I am just going to restore and see if it recurs. If so, I don't mind not using connected media for a week or two while they roll out another the next beta.

I too have experienced the iMessage issue. I am just going to make use of my unlimited texting plan for a bit. :)

It may be a new issue while using BT. I never use BT but I can see if I can recreate it.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
If you mean you tap on a thumbnail and it pulls up a totally different photo that isn't even ON the camera roll, not for me either. Is there a fix for this? It's super inconvenient to have a Russian roulette camera roll.

No, my issue is that when the camera roll is empty, the thumbnail in the camera app still shows the most recent pic.

vintagetonez

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Its not a bug if you actually had a developers account or if you do and actually read the beta 2 release notes apple disabled facetime for this beta and stated it will be re-enabled next beta. Its not a bug.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

vintagetonez

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I've had this issue for an entire year since 4.0 was released and no one at apple is able to resolve the issue. HELLA annoying!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I may try this, but would I also lose all of my apps and settings? Or would there be a way to save that?

Sent from my VZW iPhone using Tapatalk

Well you're doing a totally fresh installation. So I'm sure you will lose alot of settings you may have done already which is why I said if you have an extensive library you might not want to do it. You could backup your library depending on the size so then you always have the option of restoring it:confused:

nyanyanmeow

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
ipad 2 bugs :

-auto reboot sometimes happen
-the ipad will sometimes hang and u need to hard reboot it to get it working again
- no dictionary lookup in iBooks
- Quicktime controls doesn't work in Safari (try opening youtube via Safari)

itunes 10.5 beta 2 windows 7:
-when in apps tab (the one where u choose which app to install on your device), it lags real bad

Nashstruck

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Beta 2 fixed a crashing issue I was constantly getting with safari. It has increased the button size on the keyboard tho.. Both split n full, n it's much easier to use.

One main bug I've found is that the keyboard is now in the middle of the screen in landscape mode. It blocks up the box within which I'm trying to type in. Particularly annoying if I'm trying to type my password or username.. Or a long sentence like this one, cos then I have to keep hiding the keyboard to check for errors.

Oh n another error is on YouTube in safari, the scroll bar doesn't work, ie u can't fast forward, it works well on utube app tho.

anon(4712533)

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Bluetooth isn't working, it will pair with my car radio but I cannot make call's going to test this some more, I also noticed that my notifications are not coming up for my exchange calendar had a meeting and my iPad 2 (on 4.3.3) notified me but the phone didn't.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
When I power phone off and then on, push for certain apps stops working. For example, I have to turn notification off fir twitter and then back on for it to work.

Also, the camera won't save it's settings. I have to click on HDR every time I use camera.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
The camera won't save it's settings. I have to click on HDR every time I use camera.

That's odd. I had that issue in beta 1 and now it saves my settings in most cases. However if I go in the camera roll, that's when it resets itself. Weird. I have some console logs that Apple requested on its way for additional troubleshooting.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
For whatever reason I can't get the official Twitter app to push anything. Which is odd because it is working for others.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
That's odd. I had that issue in beta 1 and now it saves my settings in most cases. However if I go in the camera roll, that's when it resets itself. Weird. I have some console logs that Apple requested on its way for additional troubleshooting.

awesome! good your doing that

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
My iPod Touch not being able to playback music while connected to earphones. Everything runs smoothly, except when i plug in my earphones. I restored it, i set it up as a new iPod, still nothing. I just downgraded, so it's fine.

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
no no

i went back to 4.3.3

beta 1 and 2 are cool with iMessage and everything else. the music app, just messes up, freezes it, restarts on its own. Pure bologna! i tells ya :mad:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73