iOS 5.0 beta 2 Bugs and Issues

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
What you could try, and I'm not sure if you'll want to if you have a massive library all organized. You uninstall iTunes totally, uninstall then reboot, delete the iTunes program folder in Program Files, NOT the one under Music!!! Then go into your username and empty the Temp folder. In Win Vista/7 it's AppData/Local/Temp. Do a search there is an Apple folder in your user profile with firmware versions empty that out and reboot. Then install iTunes and then reload your iPad see how it is?

I may try this, but would I also lose all of my apps and settings? Or would there be a way to save that?

Sent from my VZW iPhone using Tapatalk

dkaye#IM

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
i stand corrected. had been using up thru yesterday on b1 with no problems; hadn't tried since upped to b2 last nite. just tested, fails. :(

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Damn, didn't notice about facetime. Worked fine in Beta 1. Not a big deal, I only use it with one person and she can wait until beta 3.

dkaye#IM

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Damn, didn't notice about facetime. Worked fine in Beta 1. Not a big deal, I only use it with one person and she can wait until beta 3.
my son enjoys interrupting me a work with a facetime chat. he'll have to go back to texting instead for a while. perhaps with ota functional, fixes can be pushed through quicker via delta updates.

JNGold

Sep 12, 2006
Visit site
Why do people feel that apps that don't work is a bug with the os? The apps that don't work will continue to not work until the developers can update them to work under iOS 5. After all, that's the real purpose for the beta, not so TiPb readers can oooh and ahhh about the fancy new features.

That's not necessarily true Alli. Echofon did not work with beta 1 and now works with beta 2. While I do agree with you that MOST of the time app-specific problem are usually corrected by devs re-coding various parts of the apps, there are time when OS calls, API's, whatever are corrected in the OS and things auto-magically start working again.

auntiewiv

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
FaceTime has been disabled in beta 2 by apple. MMS picture saving bug now fixed. Camera roll thumbnail bug now fixed. Battery life improved over beta 1 but still not as good as 4.3.3.

Travisimo

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
One important thing to remember before and after installing these betas is to READ THE RELEASE NOTES. If you don't have a dev account, then make sure to ask around before installing. For example, you would know that FaceTime has been disabled by Apple in beta 2 because it is in the release notes. Likewise, you would ok now that wifi sync will only work on Mac with the latest updates to OSX and iTunes. I learned the hard way too, but the release notes are important!

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I immediately encountered a Messages app bug. Almost every time I open up messages there is a blank message thread from 1 particular person and even if I delete it, it will almost always come back the next time I open up Messages. Tried reboot, tried hard reset.. might just have to wipe everything and install beta 2 again.

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone having problems with the auto-brightness? Since the update mine just doesn't seem to pick up the light no matter what, my screen will always stay bright even if I cover the senors :confused:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2