iOS 5.0 beta 2 Bugs and Issues

nyanyanmeow

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
after messing around with ios 5 beta 2 and finding it to be a bit troublesome for me to test my apps around, i'm finally reverting to 4.3.3.

pew pew pew. beta 3 should be okay....

......i hope :p (itunes beta 3 that is)

skaramanga

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
I've had a few issues with Beta 2 so far, not sure whether to go back to 4.3.3 or hold on until Beta 3. I would get crashes during phone calls now.
I also think the music app might be a cause of overheating I experienced yesterday, I was playing a podcast on the normal music app and the phone was getting really hot and draining battery, had to just reboot the phone to solve it. Didn't bother any more with music app, just using Instacast for the podcasts which works great btw.

Last edited:

budd1e_lee

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
i went back to 4.3.3

beta 1 and 2 are cool with iMessage and everything else. the music app, just messes up, freezes it, restarts on its own. Pure bologna! i tells ya :mad:

I have had zero issues with the music app. :eek:

Same here. Used it about a hour with boombox yesterday and 30 min car ride to work today

I've had a few issues with Beta 2 so far, not sure whether to go back to 4.3.3 or hold on until Beta 3. I would get crashes during phone calls now.
I also think the iPod app might be a cause of overheating I experienced yesterday, I was playing a podcast on the normal iPod app and the phone was getting really hot and draining battery, had to just reboot the phone to solve it. Didn't bother any more with iPod, just using Instacast for the podcasts which works great btw.

I've determined the music app to be a huge cause of performance, heat and battery issues all around. It crashes. Genius doesn't work. It's to the point where i put music on an old 3GS to use in the car.

KPTomlin

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I think I spoke too soon.. After syncing again I see that they were never copied. I guess the playlist info was sync-ed but not the actual songs and videos.

canguler87

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Genius doesnt work for me as well.. Except that I'm not having too much problem which may make me think to downgrade.. At least it's stable except some bugs..

-Twitter is closing the app spontaniously when I try to look to a person's profile

Last edited:

merkdevine

Sep 14, 2008
Visit site
the main bugs that I have noticed...on my ipad 2 certain songs don't play period even tho they play fine on my iphone...other then that if it freezes or gives me grief I just do a hard reset and all goes back to normal..def. stable enough that I don't see my self downgrading to 4.3.3

jeffkrenn

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
i don't know if this has been posted about yet (thread is huge, i'm still catching up after discovering it earlier today) but has anyone noticed a NEW issue in beta 2 over beta 1 for iphone 4 on GSM where home button frequently is non-responsive to clicks?

I'll often have to wake my phone with the power button now; clicking home to exit an app is wonky at best, double clicking to bring up backgrounding apps the same, etc.

seems like the home button just simply stops being recognized from time to time, intermittently. it's quite frustrating and did not exist in iOS 5 beta 1 that i could tell.

EDIT: doesn't look like anyone else in the thread's had this problem yet. oh, lucky me =/

Last edited:

haxrnick

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
i don't know if this has been posted about yet (thread is huge, i'm still catching up after discovering it earlier today) but has anyone noticed a NEW issue in beta 2 over beta 1 for iphone 4 on GSM where home button frequently is non-responsive to clicks?

I'll often have to wake my phone with the power button now; clicking home to exit an app is wonky at best, double clicking to bring up backgrounding apps the same, etc.

seems like the home button just simply stops being recognized from time to time, intermittently. it's quite frustrating and did not exist in iOS 5 beta 1 that i could tell.

EDIT: doesn't look like anyone else in the thread's had this problem yet. oh, lucky me =/

I've noticed this recently too. Not a major bug but like you said it can be annoying hitting the home button and it not doing anything.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
since b2 i have noticed, at times, when i go into the SMS app from the homescreen it is delayed for a couple of seconds..

kind of reminds of the 3G days. horrifying

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I see quite a bit of lag within the SMS app... but chalked it up to tweaks-in-progress or a beta... it still works, just a bit laggy.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
definitely "tweaks-in-progress". with all things considered, these betas are still better than dealing with a unknown jailbreak bug, eh?

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Battery is improving. Lots of bugs in apps are fixed. But the part I hate the most is that Rhapsody crashes all the time. C'mon Apple, just release another update already.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro