iOS 5.0 beta 2 Bugs and Issues

JustinTime

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
In beta 1 I couldn't save pics received via SMS, it would act like it was saving but it wouldn't go to the camera roll, in beta 2 its fixed...I can save my pics again... :)

Last edited:

Steve-O

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with the activation of Facetime & iMessage? They worked fine during Beta 1, but now just seem to be stuck at 'Waiting for activation' status in the settings.

Last edited:

Dep#IM

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Problems:

I can't copy and paste in safari since going to beta 2.

The split keyboard has a gap at the bottom of the screen. In landscape mode this is very frustrating because the keyboard is often covering the form field you are trying to input in to.

Hbo Go and Netflix still do not work, but I blame the apps, not the os. Just a note.

That's all I have so far as far as problems. Update and sync went fairly smoothly I guess. But the copy paste thing is super frustrating.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i think that we need to also take into consideration that, obviously, we are dealing with a beta iTunes as well..

meaning; after i loaded iOS 5 B2 the first time i was having various issues with my photo album & camera roll. so i restored as new (again) and reloaded the exact restore .ipsw file as before and now the issues i had before, with the photo album/camera roll, are non existent

possibly an issue with iTunes not loading properly?? has anyone else experienced this?

Steve-O

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
iMessage has now activated, but is ridiculously buggy. Every time someone else with iOS 5 iMessaged me, it deleted all messages back to when beta 1 was installed. ..... After 4 iMessages, it just deleted the whole message thread, dating back about a year.

The SMS notification badge also won't disappear, despite the messages being opened & read.

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I noticed when copying a pic from the album to an email it's just an empty space. I when to shae a pic from the album via email and was able to copy and paste it that way.

dj2463

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
issues

1 - CalDav doesn't work, it won't sync to the google server
2 - lost ALL settings in the install but that could be due to the new iTunes but unsure

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Itunes 10.5 beta 2 not working correctly in Windows 7??

Hey guys, after I upgraded to Itunes 10.5 beta 2 on my Windows pc, and upgraded to iOS 5 beta 2 on my Wifi Ipad 2, Itunes is very laggy, and doesn't respond. Any fix for this? I've tried uninstalling it, rebooting it, reinstalling it, then reinstalling iOS 5 beta 2 on my Wifi Ipad 2, but same issues.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys, after I upgraded to Itunes 10.5 beta 2 on my Windows pc, and upgraded to iOS 5 beta 2 on my Wifi Ipad 2, Itunes is very laggy, and doesn't respond. Any fix for this? I've tried uninstalling it, rebooting it, reinstalling it, then reinstalling iOS 5 beta 2 on my Wifi Ipad 2, but same issues.

Yes get a MAC!!!

so joking man :D but I couldn't pass it up.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
My only bug right now is that after a day I'm still on beta 1 lol. You guys are making me so anxious.

I had a bug on beta 1 where when I tried to get my pictures off the iPad and it would transfer 3 or 4 and then hang.

Steve-O

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
Lol, if I could afford one, I'd definitely get one. But have you heard of this issue, or know of a way to fix it?

I have the same issue on my Win machine ...... but it's a beta, so things like this are to be expected & will, no doubt, be rectified in either the next beta or in the final version ....... No doubt you'll find even more issues/problems soon if you're using it a lot.

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue on my Win machine ...... but it's a beta, so things like this are to be expected & will, no doubt, be rectified in either the next beta or in the final version ....... No doubt you'll find even more issues/problems soon if you're using it a lot.

Ah ok. This one is just major though, because I can't sync to get my apps back, or do anything else at all in Itunes, just a blank Ipad 2 now. :mad:

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site

So then it's beta 2 and your configuration. Either go back to 4.3.3 or work with what you have.

Jon Seals

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I have one bug I've found, it seems like it's iTunes though. It doesn't put all of my pictures back, and iTunes sees them as "other" rather than photos.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Ah ok. This one is just major though, because I can't sync to get my apps back, or do anything else at all in Itunes, just a blank Ipad 2 now. :mad:

What you could try, and I'm not sure if you'll want to if you have a massive library all organized. You uninstall iTunes totally, uninstall then reboot, delete the iTunes program folder in Program Files, NOT the one under Music!!! Then go into your username and empty the Temp folder. In Win Vista/7 it's AppData/Local/Temp. Do a search there is an Apple folder in your user profile with firmware versions empty that out and reboot. Then install iTunes and then reload your iPad see how it is?

Reactions: Alli

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro