Unable to install IOS 5

newiep

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I have downloaded and am trying to install the IOS 5 on my iphone 4 but keep gettin errors from itunes, is there anyways to bypass this with out the developers account...

munchkinsdad

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
not really. It won't work properly. Actually, there are some things that will work (but not your Carrier service) if you want to go through the hassle, but it is still hit and miss.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
There are two ways to get iOS 5 to work on your phone:

1) Get a developer's account (expensive)
2) Get your phone registered on a dev's account (bad idea, could brick your phone)

I had iOS 5, and it was great! But also really buggy and the battery life stunk majorly, so I'm back on 4.x and waiting patiently for a stable release :)

iloveapp

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
There are two ways to get iOS 5 to work on your phone:

1) Get a developer's account (expensive)
2) Get your phone registered on a dev's account (bad idea, could brick your phone)

I had iOS 5, and it was great! But also really buggy and the battery life stunk majorly, so I'm back on 4.x and waiting patiently for a stable release :)

I'm not a developer. Is it possible to get iOS 5 for my iPad and iPhone?
BTW, is it stable if it's only for devs now? I'm really excited about iOS 5.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I believe the only legitimate way to obtain iOS5 is to be a developer, and I don't know how "stable" it is, but chances are you would run into issues running many apps as the point of releasing the betas to developers is to help them get their apps ready for the new OS. And I don't think Apple is allowing developers to publish apps based on iOS5 compatibility quite yet.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If you are not a developer, or working for a developer, you should not attempt to install iOS 5 at this point. While it is more stable than past betas, there are a number of apps that no longer work on it, and a few problems with daily working (camera, bluetooth, etc.) that you don't want to subject yourself without compelling reason.

Just wait for it to be released to the public by Apple.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I am still enjoying Beta 1 but as mentioned above, Battery Life and app support are missing for some apps, for me though I don't think I could go back to 4.3.3 I am too used to the notifications system, Reminders, and the new and improved Calendar app.

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
First I had installed iOS 5 with a restored back up. It slowed down my phone, so i downgraded to iOS 4. I got annoyed with the pop ups while playing my games. so pretty much i restored my iPhone to iOS 5 and set it up as a new phone, and now it works really good.

mpacker99

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Not sure where some of the info is coming form... a developer's license isn't expensive, $99. if you want ios bad enough just pay the $99 and have some fun with xcode on the side.

I ran beta 1 from basically day 1 and only found a few bugs, it was definitely what i would call stable (for a beta), yes there were a few bugs (mail showing up multiple times) some apps not working, but if you want to play in the sandbox you are going to get some dirt under your fingernails.

I agree with migueljonathan, it is a bit slower and laggy, the battery is definitely drained a bit faster too, but it's a beta! it's supposed to be a work in progress.

Installing beta 2 right this second to see how it goes.

And if you are wondering yes it's installing on my normal phone that I carry everyday.

mpacker99

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Netflix still isn't working under beta 2

wifi sync is enabled in beta 2 now.
Calendar is showing up on notification screen don't believe that was there before

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Netflix still isn't working under beta 2

wifi sync is enabled in beta 2 now.
Calendar is showing up on notification screen don't believe that was there before

The Calendar entries weren't there before, but the alerts were if you had an alert set... but not they are there and there doesn't appear to be a way to clear them.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Apps that don't work will continue to not work until they can be updated. That's why this is a developers' beta, so developers can get their apps ready to run on the new os.

Also considering that developers aren't able to load 5.0 binaries at this time.

nyanyanmeow

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
if u'd expect a stable beta ver. ur wrong.
just wait for the final release and u'll be just fine.

ghostface147 said "Also considering that developers aren't able to load 5.0 binaries at this time."

so remember. a lot of apps will be unstable or unuseable on betas.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
personally, i'd rather deal with a slightly buggy iOS 5 than a stable 4.3.3 at this point. previous versions were pretty boring, IMHO

no complaints from me

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The way I look at it if you want to run it pay the $99 to become a developer. If you think that is too much to pay then wait until it's released to the public for FREE. If you have a friend who is a dev and you are tech minded then you're on a different level because you understand running a beta.

Rusty Shackelford#IM

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
The way I look at it if you want to run it pay the $99 to become a developer. If you think that is too much to pay then wait until it's released to the public for FREE. If you have a friend who is a dev and you are tech minded then you're on a different level because you understand running a beta.

Poetry. Just shear poetry. Don't mess with what is not intended for you. There is a reason apple does not release public betas.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73