iOS 5 Notification Bar Question

rollingrock1988

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if the notification bar shows little icons of the types of messages. I know there is a preview that pops up, but when it folds back up into the top bar, does it show the notification icons?

I am wondering because I have a BB and it does so in the search bar in OS 6. But also, it's on android and I like that as well.

Just curious because I am thinking of making the jump (I am a very happy Mac owner.) Though I still love my BB.

Thank you.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'd be happy if they just had a single icon like a ! or even a smaller verison of this

sdk_icon3.png

To let people know that they have notification(s)

fmalloy

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
It makes sense is to have an "outstanding notifications" icon in the status bar - this way, if notifications come and go, you'll always know if there are unread alerts. Seems like a big oversight...

Even if there is no space in the status bar for a new icon they could do other things with it:

- Flash the time
- Alternate the time with the new icon
- Put the status bar in reverse video
- Scroll the status bar icons to show the new icon
- Flash the camera LED periodically

Anyone else see this as a big limitation? I can see people constantly pulling down the notification center to make sure they haven't missed anything...

draztikrhymez

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Its not too bad since the app icons have number badges. I was hoping of notifications closer to webOS since those have been the best I've seen so far.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Notifications are not shown on the lock screen if they came in while the phone was unlocked.

So basically, if the phone is unlocked and you're not looking at it, if a notification comes in and then disappears using the banner, when the phone locks the notification is NOT shown.

I have to think that's something that will be fixed by the final release. If not, that's a huge oversight.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Notifications are not shown on the lock screen if they came in while the phone was unlocked.

So basically, if the phone is unlocked and you're not looking at it, if a notification comes in and then disappears using the banner, when the phone locks the notification is NOT shown.

this was one of the first things i noticed..

i also wish that notifications can be deleted/removed one at a time from the Notification Center

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I have to think that's something that will be fixed by the final release. If not, that's a huge oversight.

I also feel this way too, alot of people are treating this like it's going to be the final release. So many things can change by then so lets see what happens in the next betas to come.

I think they should have an easter egg where Steve's voice comes on over the speaker "You have a new message idiot, How's that for a notification!" lol it would be the talk of the web.

Last edited:

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I also feel this way too, alot of people are treating this like it's going to be the final release. So many things can change by then so lets see what happens in the next betas to come.

I think they should have an easter egg where Steve's voice comes on over the speaker "You have a new message idiot, How's that for a notification!" lol it would be the talk of the web.

And once it's jailbroken, you can make that a reality!:D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW