iOS 5 Final Release Wish List..

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Pull Down - Notification Center (LockScreen)

although i see how the lockscreen notifications work i would really like to see at least an option to activate the pull down feature in lockscreen mode

Statusbar icons

this would be a nice addition so then you can completely eliminate the badge app icons and work great on the lockscreen along with the pull down feature

Calendar snooze feature

well you know...

Custom Tones

not sure if this is in the works eventually already but it would be nice to have more control than what is available now

*coming from being jailbroken most of my time with the iPhone maybe these are asking too much, but i feel this would make a user experience more productive and pleasurable

just to clarify; if these never happen then that is fine and i will make it work. not whining, just wishing :)

Last edited:
Reactions: anon4705295

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
so far it isnt to much for the 3gs to handle, its about the same speed on a iphone 4, tried it with my friends i4.

weblou

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I would like calendar snooz and the option to lock certain apps.
Example lock my contacts when my nephew plays with my phone.

hollidizzle

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
I would like to see iMessenger as a stand alone messenger app and not just an integration into the current text messages. That's one of the things people like about BBM is that it's it's own separate little "world"; your PIN contacts could be completely dif from your phone contacts.

And more customization options. Apple still refuses to loosen the reigns as far as ringtones and theme usage.

MILE

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
There is only one thing that i still really wish for and have been wishing ever from the start, but since they didn't show it off and it's not included in the beta I'm afraid they are skipping it again?!? :(

Anyway, what I REALLY want is some kind of quick access network settings change option?! To quickly activate de-activate 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth etc. without the hassle of browsing trough the settings app?!

Here's what I always imagined it like: wherever you are (springboard, some app, music player, whatever) you just tap the middle of the top menu bar (where the time is displayed) and a widget or bezel pops up with icons for 3G, Bluetooth etc. and you just tap the icon and switch the service on or off -- simple, fast, easy?! Imagine it to look like the bezel that shows up in the phone app when you're making a call and want to turn on the speaker or mute the call -- same thing, just for network connections?

It can't really be that hard to implement something like this, so I really don't understand why Apple still makes me jump though hoops every time I want to connect to my car's Bluetooth or turn on WiFi at the coffee shop?!? :mad:

- M

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I agree with all that's stated above! I can live without it all, but if I could only choose one, it would be snoozing a calendar event. WANT WANT WANT

Though I find that as long as I use the banner and it stays on the lockscreen, I'm remembering it better than I was previously. So there's progress! hahahah

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Profiles

Access to save games (which sucks when you put in A LOT of work finishing them and lose them because the genius said restore from new with no backup) - I also think this will be solved with iCloud from what I understand.

Calendar snooze

10 day battery with 4G LTE

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Pull Down - Notification Center (LockScreen)

although i see how the lockscreen notifications work i would really like to see at least an option to activate the pull down feature in lockscreen mode

after using the new OS for a while even more so now...

if it does not become a reality then i am sure there will be a jailbreak tweak for it. just makes sense

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
after using the new OS for a while even more so now...

if it does not become a reality then i am sure there will be a jailbreak tweak for it. just makes sense

Yep. Can't count the times that I've grabbed my iPhone and tried to swipe down on the lock screen. It just needs to be there.

Ios5beta3

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, but if you have a pass code when you press a notification notification or anything on the center you have to type it in before moving you to your notification, and yes that needs to put in.

vintagetonez

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
[QUOTE And more customization options. Apple still refuses to loosen the reigns as far as ringtones and theme usage.[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me? You can completely customize every tone on the iPhone with 5.0 beta 3. As it is now iphone is WAY more customizable then stock android when it comes to tones.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Are you kidding me? You can completely customize every tone on the iPhone with 5.0 beta 3.

Ok so then go ahead and tell me how to have each individual email account I have setup to make different sounds. I want one sound for exchange, one sound for Live and one for gmail. Also, I'd like to have a different sound for emails from my boss in exchange that's different from the rest of the addresses.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh