iOS 5 Beta 1 Bugs and Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
So a little while ago, with my BT headset on, the phone rang. The first button press did not answer the call. The screen became unresponsive, and no vibrate - no sound came from the phone (IOW, no ringtone/vibe on call). After what seemed like a long time (maybe 20-30 seconds) I could suddenly hear my caller through the BT. This happened a second time. No issues after reboot.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
just curious, can anyone submit bug reports to Apple or do you have to be the actual developer?

it seems like with this beta there are a lot of slots being used by normal users and if they can submit info as well it would be very useful..?

also, what exactly is a battery logger?

The developer has to submit reports. That's why the people I have that assist me in testing iOS 5 are told to submit issues to me pertaining to their experiences. I go ahead and log it into the system. Of course I only have techies helping me test so they already know how to write bug reports properly.

A battery logger is a profile Apple engineering sent me to install on my phone to track battery life. When I sync, it uploads that info to them. So far, it seems to be location services that is sapping battery life. Once I disabled some of them, battery life has improved.

I also have some exchange profiles installed that are tracking issues as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: BLiNK

anjru0805

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
I've been experiencing most of the issues already mentioned. One other big I've been experiencing is with watching live MLB games with At Bat. I can't ever get it to flip to the horizontal (and more convenient) view. Anyone else getting this?

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
- Facebook is broken - telling me no network available.
- iTunes sync hangs before completing on my 3GS. However, the files are syncing.
- HBO GO is broken. HBO's issue.
- MobileMe calendars behave bizarrely. If I hold to press to move an appointment around, I find my calendar at me.com creates duplicate entries, which are reflected in iCal. Deleting any one of the multiple entries removes them all at me.com.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
notification center on my ipad 2 only drops a few centimeters so i only see a little grey box, does anyone have this bug?

I have the same behavior on my original iPad 3G. I'm not sure, though, if this is intentional or not. Might be Apple doesn't feel bringing the notification center all the way down the screen is practical.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
this is one of the things that made me go back to 4.3.3, not mad at all. it's expected with betas

How did you go back to 4.3.3 from 5.0 beta? I know on the Apple developer site, they specifically state you can't go back after upgrading. I searched and searched on the developer site for a copy of iOS 4.3.3 to download, and nothing. Please help, I'd like to go back, at least until a few more of my apps work.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Stuff I found out
iTunes sync will not enable unless you have iTunes open and have the USB cable plugged in lol then what's the point

How could the sync work with iTunes not running? When enabled (hopefully in beta 2), it'll sync with iTunes still, just over WiFi. So that's intentional, at least for now.

brown_hound

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
G'day all..

First time poster..

Not sure if this is a bug or my being inept, but why is it, on my recently iOS-5'd 3gs, I can no longer label peoples phone numbers iPhone?

All restored contacts from previous iOS have synced across, but are now labelled as 'home', with there being no option to change it to iPhone!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
How did you go back to 4.3.3 from 5.0 beta? I know on the Apple developer site, they specifically state you can't go back after upgrading. I searched and searched on the developer site for a copy of iOS 4.3.3 to download, and nothing. Please help, I'd like to go back, at least until a few more of my apps work.

weird. i just edited my host file, put the device into DFU mode, hold shift+click restore browse to my saved 4.3.3 file. i never downgraded my iTunes from 10.5 either

there are a lot of tutorials out there in doing this, just specify in your search whether you're on a Mac or PC

here is one for example: How To: Downgrade iOS 5 to iOS 4.3.3 For iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
How could the sync work with iTunes not running? When enabled (hopefully in beta 2), it'll sync with iTunes still, just over WiFi. So that's intentional, at least for now.

My point is if iTunes is running and the iPad is plugged into the USB cable why would I bother doing the sync on the iPad when I could just do it from the laptop since it's already plugged in like normal. I just found it funny, I have read that it is not functional yet.

My latest bug which only happens on TiPb, if I stop typing then start to type again the cursor moves but no letters show. If Ipost the letters are there so it is still typing just not displaying. Then when the site refreshes I get old images and part of the page it's like it didn't refresh properly but nothing will clear it except closing the site and closing the browser.

Last edited:

maaatter

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Double emails is the biggest bug I get. Another one, though, is go to the Camera app, put flash on auto, take a photo, view the photo from WITHIN the camera app, close it, the flash will now be off.

bizfox

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Double emails is the biggest bug I get. Another one, though, is go to the Camera app, put flash on auto, take a photo, view the photo from WITHIN the camera app, close it, the flash will now be off.

No double emails here (using MobileMe), but the camera bug is there for me.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Another one, though, is go to the Camera app, put flash on auto, take a photo, view the photo from WITHIN the camera app, close it, the flash will now be off.

Reported and Apple is officially aware.

While I know I'm not the only person submitting bug reports, it's refreshing when I receive correspondence from an engineer and getting results. I'm just here trying to make your final iOS experience better.

maaatter

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Ditto......

Fortunately I've been working with Apple engineers and some of these problems do have bug reports and are being fixed.

I have a few pending problem reports.

Ah, very good to know! Looks like I should keep track off all these bugs and send 'em your way for faster fixes, aha.

Status
Not open for further replies.