- 06-13-2011, 11:16 PM #126
- 06-14-2011, 12:57 AM #127iPhone Newbie
- 32 Posts
is it me or the bugs are slowly being patched without us downloading any updates?
i noticed less bugs on my ipad. idk if it's just me lol.
- 06-14-2011, 05:33 AM #128
- 06-14-2011, 05:56 AM #129
This is the main reason I would never load it on my phone. On the iPad I can deal with the bugs just fine. I have no problem running the beta.
The keyboard is freaking huge in landscape, covers half the screen. The only problem is I can't remember the size of the keyboard in the regular OS to compare but my feeling is it's bigger.
- 06-14-2011, 08:05 AM #130
When using the Mophie Juice Pack Plus case, my iPhone 4 running on iOS 5 would heat up in a matter of 3-5 minutes (by heat, I meant "hot"). However, when I switched the case over to the SGP hybrid neo one, my device stays cool no matter what I do. Maybe a compatibility problem?
Other than that, all my apps work great, and I'm liking the notification center. The addition of iMessage, while not very necessary (most people I know own a wide range of smartphones, not just iPhones), is nice as well.
Hopefully, the next beta/s will address the battery case heating problem (never had that issue with iOS 4.3.3, except when I'm occasionally talking on the phone for hours).
- 06-14-2011, 09:14 AM #131
- 06-14-2011, 11:59 AM #132
- 06-14-2011, 01:57 PM #133iPhone Newbie
- 32 Posts
- 06-14-2011, 04:13 PM #134
- 06-14-2011, 05:48 PM #135
- 06-15-2011, 01:57 AM #136
- 06-15-2011, 07:34 AM #137iPhone Nanite
- 2 Posts
the beta looks to be working fine for me but sometimes when you open an app it will crash and then when you reopen it its fine and works fine!
- 06-15-2011, 08:00 AM #138
- 06-15-2011, 01:30 PM #139iPhone Nanite
- 5 Posts
I don't know if this has already been posted (or if this is a bug), but the Twitter automatic login doesn't work. I use Twitter for iPhone and Twitter for iPad. I have logged-in in the Settings app, but in Twitter for iPhone, it doesn't automatically log-in. Is this even a bug?
- 06-15-2011, 01:42 PM #140
it seems like with this beta there are a lot of slots being used by normal users and if they can submit info as well it would be very useful..?
also, what exactly is a battery logger?
- 06-15-2011, 01:48 PM #141
So a little while ago, with my BT headset on, the phone rang. The first button press did not answer the call. The screen became unresponsive, and no vibrate - no sound came from the phone (IOW, no ringtone/vibe on call). After what seemed like a long time (maybe 20-30 seconds) I could suddenly hear my caller through the BT. This happened a second time. No issues after reboot.
- 06-15-2011, 02:14 PM #142
A battery logger is a profile Apple engineering sent me to install on my phone to track battery life. When I sync, it uploads that info to them. So far, it seems to be location services that is sapping battery life. Once I disabled some of them, battery life has improved.
I also have some exchange profiles installed that are tracking issues as well.
Last edited by ghostface147; 06-15-2011 at 02:16 PM.
- 06-15-2011, 11:32 PM #143iPhone Newbie
- 35 Posts
I've been experiencing most of the issues already mentioned. One other big I've been experiencing is with watching live MLB games with At Bat. I can't ever get it to flip to the horizontal (and more convenient) view. Anyone else getting this?
- 06-16-2011, 12:19 AM #144
- Facebook is broken - telling me no network available.
- iTunes sync hangs before completing on my 3GS. However, the files are syncing.
- HBO GO is broken. HBO's issue.
- MobileMe calendars behave bizarrely. If I hold to press to move an appointment around, I find my calendar at me.com creates duplicate entries, which are reflected in iCal. Deleting any one of the multiple entries removes them all at me.com.
- 06-16-2011, 12:21 AM #145
- 06-16-2011, 12:23 AM #146
- 06-16-2011, 12:26 AM #147
- 06-16-2011, 02:38 AM #148iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
First time poster..
Not sure if this is a bug or my being inept, but why is it, on my recently iOS-5'd 3gs, I can no longer label peoples phone numbers iPhone?
All restored contacts from previous iOS have synced across, but are now labelled as 'home', with there being no option to change it to iPhone!
- 06-16-2011, 09:48 AM #149
there are a lot of tutorials out there in doing this, just specify in your search whether you're on a Mac or PC
here is one for example: How To: Downgrade iOS 5 to iOS 4.3.3 For iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
- 06-16-2011, 10:53 AM #150
My latest bug which only happens on TiPb, if I stop typing then start to type again the cursor moves but no letters show. If Ipost the letters are there so it is still typing just not displaying. Then when the site refreshes I get old images and part of the page it's like it didn't refresh properly but nothing will clear it except closing the site and closing the browser.
Last edited by Ipheuria; 06-16-2011 at 04:51 PM.