iOS 5 Beta 1 Bugs and Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I never use spell check it is the very first thing I turn off ever since my first gen iPhone. I also spot spelling mistakes a mile away so doesn't bother me.

I spent all day yesterday messaging two friends who are on iPhones via my iPad and it worked fine.

nyanyanmeow

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
iPad 2 bugs :
Notification
-It's pushed slow sometimes
-Sometimes certain notifications doesn't seem to pop out at all

Safari
-Url bar seems to show the same address after clicking other links
-Bugs after loading (especially on facebook.com) that messes the text and photos
- Lag & sometimes it doesn't work. Need to close tab and open again to make it work
- Bookmark bars sometimes rearrange by themselves

Photos
- Crash when trying to open the last taken photo (into photo roll)
- Photoroll icon goes small sometimes
- Lags

Videos
- UI lag when u scroll down to see other videos

iMessage
- Automatically deletes the first letter when u type (sometimes)
- eg: u type "bananas in pyjamas" it'll show up as "ananas in pyjamas"

Gamecenter
- Lag

Contacts
- When editing contacts after you press done, it'll hang up (yet your edited contacts has been saved)

Settings
- Multitasking Gestures' Pinch to home only works when u pinch with 5 fingers (used to work with 4 fingers in ios 4.3.3)
- Certain icons in appslist disappear sometimes. (usually the top 4 app icons)
- iCloud (apps, music, books) doesn't seem to work sometimes. hit buy on my ipad or pc but didn't download on the other platform

Other apps :
- Infinity blades lighting is kinda messy and the graphics look ugly
- Photogene doesnt load photos
- Djay doesnt seem to open any musics at all (bla bla bla itunes plus)
- Dead Space HD is unplayable. Black screen. (though u here sounds if u click here and there)
- imgur free doesn't work

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Known issues
-iTunes wireless sync will not work. it's there in the release note.
-Newsstand will not go into folders because it's a folder itself (for the magazines and newspapers)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I never use spell check it is the very first thing I turn off ever since my first gen iPhone. I also spot spelling mistakes a mile away so doesn't bother me.

I spent all day yesterday messaging two friends who are on iPhones via my iPad and it worked fine.

I rarely miss a spelling mistake in my texting, as well... unfortunately, by the time I see it, I have already hit "send". :cool:

nyanyanmeow

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
iPad 2 bugs :
Notification

Safari
-Bugs after loading (especially on facebook.com) that messes the text and photos
- Lag & sometimes it doesn't work. Need to close tab and open again to make it work

Photos
- Lags

Videos

iMessage

Gamecenter
- Lag

Contacts
- When editing contacts after you press done, it'll hang up (yet your edited contacts has been saved)

Settings
- Multitasking Gestures' Pinch to home only works when u pinch with 5 fingers (used to work with 4 fingers in ios 4.3.3)
- iCloud (apps, music, books) doesn't seem to work sometimes. hit buy on my ipad or pc but didn't download on the other platform

Other apps :
- Dead Space HD is unplayable. Black screen. (though u here sounds if u click here and there)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Known issues
-iTunes wireless sync will not work. it's there in the release note.
-Newsstand will not go into folders because it's a folder itself (for the magazines and newspapers)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
lol I find spellcheck adds frustration and time to texting which like tweeting is supposed to be short and simple. The few times I have a mistake in posts or texts I just chalk it up to iPhone speak.

nyanyanmeow

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Itunes wireless sync : will not work for now. it's stated in the release note
Newsstand : service is not up yet. and you can't put it in other folders since it's a folder app already (for subscriptions)

Last edited:

nyanyanmeow

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
iPad 2 bugs :
Notification
Safari
Photos (i have auto correct turned off)
- Lags
Videos
iMessage
Gamecenter
- Lag
Contacts
Settings
- No preloaded wallpapers
- Photostream doesn't work on PC's yet (it should be there in Photos album if u should ask)

Last edited:

nyanyanmeow

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Other apps :

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys! Hope everyone is enjoying the beta! I can't wait to get my app in the store, until then here are some bugs I have encountered:

*Certain websites do not work. For example, if you go to Sign up | Tumblr, it doesn't load. Even Apple's website has issues Like if you are at the homepage and click store, half the time it doesn't do anything.

*Playlists in the music app aren't in alpha-order. (seriously, I think it's kind of annoying that they separated the music and the videos. The last thing I need is more icons that I can't delete)

* Persistence of notifications. Say my phone is locked. I get a text from billy and one from sandy. I slide to view billy's text, it doesn't take me to billy's text, but rather, the last thread I viewed before I left the messages app. Odd.

*Lockscreen can crash springboard. Say my phone is locked, I slide a message to view it, and boom springboard crash.

*BlueTooth issues. Basically doesn't interact well with commands or button presses given from my headset.

These are the only bugs I have seen so far, otherwise it is a pretty rock solid OS. I have some third party app crashes, but that's to be expected since they aren't updated for iOS 5.

Also, I hope Apple's Twitter keyboard is Dev accessible.

Last edited:

MikeDerro

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
iOS 5 Bugs that I have been experiencing:

Camera Roll: in my camera roll I have noticed that some of the pictures have been duplicated but when you click on them it's a different pictures.*

Notification Sound: when I get any notification it stutters two or three times before completing he sound.

Notification Sound (2): sometimes I would get the notification sound without even getting a new message.

News Stand: i just don't see a use for the app right now. The store application within the app isn't functioning right now.*

Fedorov

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm seeing the odd keyboard issue sometimes, tap on a key and you get the one next to it. Not all the time. Worst seems to be the letter T. No matter where I press sometimes I get either an R or Y!
Weird!

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I found at least 5. I have bugs with the App Store, Spotlight, my iPad keeps on turning off all by its self, the WordPress app, Safari lags, wifi problems, 3G problems. So has anyone found these bugs?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Stuff I found out
iTunes sync will not enable unless you have iTunes open and have the USB cable plugged in lol then what's the point but like it's said I don't know if it even works I don't use much on my iPad in the way of Music anyway to know.

keyboard issue some of you are having, do you have iEmoticon installed? if so it's been around long before iOS 5 I think it has to do with switching to the emoticons and then back to the keyboard the OS doesn't pick up the switch for some reason and probably uses a different key mapping. If you switch back to emoticons and back to letters the off center problem will go away or just makes sure you always switch back to the keyboard before you send and the keyboard closes.

I just noticed that sync no longer locks the screen very cool :cool:

silversurfer20

Feb 4, 2010
www.facebook.com
When I try and save a photo from an mms message it doesn't save. I have to copy to the clipboard and email it to myself to be able to save the photo. Safari likes to just quit. Some apps work fine some don't. Been using Camera+ with no problems there. Sometimes I run into mail issues where it doesn't want to delete a message. Lots of minor bugs. Also seeing a huge battery drain. I took it off the charger this morning for instance and an hour later it was like at 85%. I had a few texts, a few minutes surfing but that was it. No phone calls. Also, during phone calls sometimes it seems my Jawbone Era doesn't want to pick up the call. I have to answer the call on the phone then connect the audio to the headset, but that's just for receiving calls. Making calls is perfectly normal. Sure wish Apple would give us OBEX in the bluetooth stack too. Love the notifications though!

Rudolphe

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
iOS 5 installed on iPad2 and Apple TV2.

Selecting music from iTunes library on iPad and having it play on Apple TV VIA Remote App doesn't seem to work any longer.

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm seeing the odd keyboard issue sometimes, tap on a key and you get the one next to it. Not all the time. Worst seems to be the letter T. No matter where I press sometimes I get either an R or Y!
Weird!

This has been happening to me too. Besides the battery life, which I don't mind, because it has good days and bad...The only thing I notice is that when plugged in my screen doesn't turn off. It stays lit the entire time unless I hit the power button.

Some apps don't work well. Some lost their style. Notifications are all good.

Hands down the best Beta 1.

ETA: When downloading previously downloaded apps, the button that usually says "buy now" turns green, but it's really small and blank.

Last edited:

zerohvp

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Whenever I encounter issues with my iPhone such as laggyness I usually just follow up with a reboot. Everything seems to go back to normal afterwards.

I also tested out having iCloud on and seeing if it drains battery faster or not. So I had iCloud on for a couple of days then shut it off for a couple of days and noticed no difference between the two. Battery seems to drain at the same speed. I don't know if this is the same for everyone but that's what it is for me.

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If I would to update to iOS 5 beta 2 or so on, do I need to reactivate my UDID again?

It's already activated. Only way it can be deactivated would be if the developer account expired.

Only issues I have are:

Maps: A lot of crashing.
Camera: Lack of zoom when taking pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77