iOS 5 Beta 1 Bugs and Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
3G iPad 2, restored from backup
I have had all the bugs I see listed
Newsstand wont go into a folder(iBooks & Photobooth do so why shouldn't it)
No wallpapers
iTunes Sync doesn't work(don't beleive it's working yet)
No stocks or weather in Notification Center
Emails showed up once, don't show anymore in Notification Center
iMessage has problems sending files
Crackle, Facebook, Angry Birds don't work
Auto Download I got Music once I turned it on and it disappeared
Hit edit in photos crashes to homescreen

Last edited:

phinx404

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
i would shut it off and turn phone back on. i only have the newsstand doesn't nothing and i figd it would until final release the same as itunes sync i would think.
email, imessage, facebook and angry birds all work for me.

one thing as you know iCloud doesn't seem to sync on my iphone. ipad 2 works but when i make contact change and sync it doesn't auto push to the other device.

3G iPad 2
No wallpapers
Emails showed up once, don't show anymore in Notification Center
iMessage has problems sending files
Crackle, Facebook, Angry Birds don't work
Auto Download I got Music once I turned it on and it disappeared
Hit edit in photos crashes to homescreen

phinx404

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
the emails on lock screen need to be enabled under the notifications. they are off on lock screen by default. my guess is a privacy thing to not have them on be default. just got in and re-enable it.

as far as apps crashing i only had one crash. i test each and every apps i have. 67 of them... lol all but one worked.

as well i have find the speed to be pretty good at most time. few times it will lag but generally same as 4.3.3. with that being said i find that my over all experience on the ipad 2 is really good. everything all around runs the same as 4.3.3 stock. really happy with that and battery is fantastic. just wish it was the same with my iphone. i get around 1hr less usage per charge. but cant complain... it is Beta after all.

I have noticed:

Safari: Lagging and crashing
Camera: The flash lives its own life, cannot turn it off ++, Problems with focus.
Lock screen: E-mails notification is missing and others are lagging.
Apps (in general): A lot of crashing going on..
E-mail: I get duplicat e-mails.
Custom vibration: Fails to save the settings in contact, have to try several times before its saved correctly.
Reminders: Problems with the GPS locations, doesnt notify at all.
Bluetooth: Cannot play music over BT ("Play", "Next" and "Prev" works via BT works but no sound. Cannot answer incoming calls by pressing "answer" on the BT device.
Music: Lots of lagging when navigating and switching songs.
Phone: The contact pics is only shown as thumbnails, not whole screen, even though the resolution is good enogh..
Home button: When pressing, the "zoom animation" is lagging and showing images from several apps.
General: The speed of the phone is pretty slow, but i'm liking the new iOS 5 features.
Really looking forward to the upcoming betas and the final release :D

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Anyone that has problems can you go back and put whether you restored from a backup or setup as new? I restored from a backup, as a test today I'm going to reload the OS and setup as new this time see if I have the same issues.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I got up this morning thinking "Foursquare finally works under iOS5." This is the first time ever that I've gotten notifications from it, and now they appear on my notifications screen - kinda neat.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
i loaded from backup once the os was loaded.

Yeah I did too, so this morning I reloaded it and setup as new.

Wallpapers - still none
iTunes Sync - now enabled, don't know if it works but it is enabled and updates when I hit it.
iMessage - I'll have to try and send a file later to see if it works
Newsstand - still doesn't go into folders
Auto Download Music- Possibly not avail in Canadian store

still have to sync to try out my apps

whiteshadoww

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I did post a separate thread but thought it worthwhile to list here. A minor one but "When Timer Ends: Sleep iPod" on my AT&T iPhone 4 iOS 5 (beta 1) does not work.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I did post a separate thread but thought it worthwhile to list here. A minor one but "When Timer Ends: Sleep iPod" on my AT&T iPhone 4 iOS 5 (beta 1) does not work.

first of all i could never listen to Howard for 11 minutes, it's just impossible haha

and yes you are correct there is something wrong with that feature. it acts like it going silent when the desired time is selected but come back on. good find!

mtmjr90

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I've found/read elsewhere that pretty much no app that uses video is working properly. For me, that includes Netflix, Hulu+, YouTube. I've read that even the native videos app isn't working, nor is HBO Go or Air Video. For an iPad, this seriously sucks.

Other apps that crash on startup for me are GV Mobile+ and WordPress:(

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I've found/read elsewhere that pretty much no app that uses video is working properly. For me, that includes Netflix, Hulu+, YouTube. I've read that even the native videos app isn't working, nor is HBO Go or Air Video. For an iPad, this seriously sucks.

Other apps that crash on startup for me are GV Mobile+ and WordPress:(

I just used both the native video app and YouTube both worked fine for me.

mtmjr90

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I just used both the native video app and YouTube both worked fine for me.

Hm, it must have been the specific video I was trying to load. I just retested YouTube and it works. Can't speak for Videos app though, I just read that somewhere else. Thanks.

vintagetonez

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
There's also a bug in iPhone 4 iOS 5 beta that won't allow saving pictures from messaging to camera roll. It saves as normal but the photos don't show up in camera roll. Also there toms of lag and constant double clicking as well as badges showing up on springboard when the messages have been read. The stock wallpapers also show up as blank.

RMskater

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I've found/read elsewhere that pretty much no app that uses video is working properly.(
VLC (the official one that was removed) plays movies just fine.

3G iPad 2, restored from backup
No wallpapers
Newsstand not going into a folder is not a glitch. It's a folder.
I have wallpapers.
Did you read the release notes? iTunes OTA syncing isn't enabled in this release.
Do you have them enabled? I (and everyone else) have the weather and stocks widget, unless they disabled them.

Finder > Preferences > General Tab > Show These Items on the Desktop > check Hard disks
Never worked on my computer. Can only access the DCIM folder in Windows. Only showed in the Finder when I had the PhoneDisk program on the Mac.

I have noticed:
Phone: The contact pics is only shown as thumbnails, not whole screen, even though the resolution is good enogh..
If the image was attached to the contact from a computer, this is how it will happen. If it was attached within the phone, then it will be fullsize.

If I would to update to iOS 5 beta 2 or so on, do I need to reactivate my UDID again?
If your UDID is activated on a developer account, then no.

You know, the spinning thing you get like, when you jailbreak? It's white, has notches... Wheel is all I could think of to describe it LOL, though its not the rainbow beach ball from Mac.
Also when you turn your phone on or off.
spinning-wheel.gif

What I've Found
1) Newsstand has a glitch:
YouTube - ‪Newsstand Glitch‬‏
2) In the Maps app, you cannot clear the last set of directions off.
3) Text input is off, and likes to select a letter near mine, almost as if it's trying to predict the next letter I want, and increasing the hit box for it.
4) iPad 2 has massive issues with syncing (probably as I have too much content on there). Specifically images. Cannot sync new images onto it from iPhoto.
5) HDR no longer stays on when I enable it, and quit the camera. Grid does, not HDR.
6) iMessages worked the night of the beta release, now does not. Not really a bug though, as Apple is most likely tweaking their servers to prepare for this.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ack, I just hit a bug that's the dealbreaker... when spellcheck suggests a word, the little "x" to cancel its choice does not work for me AT ALL. I just spent 5 whole minutes trying to send a text and not have it constantly replace my word... this isn't gonna do haha. Back to 4 for me! But at least it made me realize how little I need most of my jailbreak apps... I'm just downloading Notified and MobileNotifier now.

bilbothejust

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I found that since it's beta, several things don't work. Who would've guessed a beta had bugs? Anyone? Bueller?

In reality, from what I have heard, some small things are broken like tapatalk (which I have no idea what that is), certain facebook options and iMessage isn't enabled.

You know what's weird about the iMessage thing...I can send a message once to my iPad (also on iOS 5 beta 1) but not the other way around...from then on I get a 'failed to reply' message. Clear the thread and do it will work again from iPhone to iPad, but not the other way around. Weird.

zerohvp

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I've been running iOS 5 beta 1 since it has been released and I have to say for a beta it runs very well on my iPhone 4. Small bugs here and there, I did experience the apps not working at all. But all I did to solve that problem was just reboot my iPhone and all my apps works.

I don't know if it's me but the typing on the iPhone seems to be a little off. I don't want to say its a bug being that it could be me typing differently sub-conciously. But just throwing that out there if anyone has noticed the same.

I do get doubles of the same email in my inbox, they are usually of my main email and one I linked with iCloud. Weird.

I used to get an app crash when looking at my profile in Twitter but after a while it just stopped. I can go through my profile now without crashing.

Battery life is indeed noted to be worse but nothing that I cannot deal with. I recently bought the Case-Mate Fuel Extender Lite from Walmart for a steal price of $20 and at first the phone wouldn't recognize the case when I turned it on. But after a reboot, it worked normally.

Launching the camera from the lockscreen is laggy. But once the camera is up and running it isn't as bad. But closing the camera afterwards also lags up again.

Also something to note, not sure if it's only with my iPhone or a bug, but when I'm in the Music app and I'm scrolling through my playlist, the album names for a lot of the songs do not match the song. But in my iTunes all the albums are correctly matched with the song. It could be a bug that mis-reads the albums for the songs and shows the incorrect album name for the song. Weird.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Ack, I just hit a bug that's the dealbreaker... when spellcheck suggests a word, the little "x" to cancel its choice does not work for me AT ALL. I just spent 5 whole minutes trying to send a text and not have it constantly replace my word... this isn't gonna do haha

That's odd, I am able to get past the suggested word by tapping the x.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative