iOS 5 Beta 1 Bugs and Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon01

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
is scorecenter showing up in notification center for you cause i cant get anything to show in mine (using an ipod 4th gen). all i have is weather and stocks.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Oh that's awesome. Thank you. Has anyone else noticed a huge decline in bars? My signal seems to be fine but my phone only displays 1-3 bars, usually just one.

Mine has been the exact opposite haha... Usually I have 3-4 bars, and now I almost always have 5... not that i'm complaining :D

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Too be honest, all these reports of a decently stable beta 1 is tempting me. But I am not too confident in allowing this to be on my only iOS device. Someone convince me!!!!

The tap a message's icon on your lockscreen and slide to open/take you to the message...
Week view in calendar...
Reminders...
Photo rearrangement on phone...
Purchasable text tones (progress at least)...
Using phone while it syncs...
Multiple apps downloading at once...
Lockscreen notifications help with lack of calendar snooze...
Safari Reader...
No life-altering bugs that I've found. Only things that annoy me at all is that Tiny Wings lags quite a bit every once in a while and the battery life isn't AS good (though I can still make it through a day... and while it seems to churn through during usage, standby it barely moves at ALL)

Worst case scenario - you have to downgrade, which is possible and really easy... I've done it twice now by doing the same thing as upgrading to 5 but using my 4.x ipsw :D

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You've downgraded from 5 to 4 twice? So answer me this. I am very worried about my saved games, some which took a lot of work. I'd hate to risk los If I update to 5

Upgrading to 5 you won't lose anything... but any progress you make in 5 will be lost when/if you go back to 4... but if you ever go back to 5, as long as you backup every time that is, you'll have it all back. So pretty much, any progress you have now, you have for good :)

Reactions: ghostface147

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Worst case scenario - you have to downgrade, which is possible and really easy... I've done it twice now by doing the same thing as upgrading to 5 but using my 4.x ipsw :D

You've downgraded from 5 to 4 twice already? That's not very comforting. Here's a question. I am paranoid about my saved games, some of which took a lot of work, and if I update to 5, will it restore from backup with no data loss? If I find 5 crappy and downgrade back to 4, what are the odds of restoring the data again? Based on past history, when you have an older version of iOS (like when I had my phone replaced and it came with 4.2), my 4.3.3 backup wouldn't restore until I upgraded to 4.3.3.

That being said, I assume 5 updates the backup and if I revert to 4.3.3, the backup won't work anymore?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Stupid iPhone. Wrong input and it got our messages crossed. But you answered my question. Thanks. I'm just paranoid about the saved data.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You've downgraded from 5 to 4 twice already? That's not very comforting. Here's a question. I am paranoid about my saved games, some of which took a lot of work, and if I update to 5, will it restore from backup with no data loss? If I find 5 crappy and downgrade back to 4, what are the odds of restoring the data again? Based on past history, when you have an older version of iOS (like when I had my phone replaced and it came with 4.2), my 4.3.3 backup wouldn't restore until I upgraded to 4.3.3.

That being said, I assume 5 updates the backup and if I revert to 4.3.3, the backup won't work anymore?

Well, the first time I downgraded I only did it to see if I could... I was so nervous about a bad beta that I just had to know if I could go back to 4.x to save me from having to use a Blackberry... the second time was because the beta doesn't have the best battery life (not horrible though!) but I missed the notification center so much I'm back haha.

All 3 times I upgraded to 5, I had no data lost whatsoever. Going back to 4, I was where I left off in 4 (it can't read the 5 backup). At least with the iTunes I'm using (beta 10.5, which you have to use to register the iphone beta) it shows you your past like, 15 backups, so I just selected the latest one I knew was for the right software and I was back where I left off. I've lost nothing :) Nothing you do in 5 will sync back to 4, though, so that's something to consider.

Reactions: ghostface147

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Yeah that's very big to consider and I appreciate your quick response. I'll leave the other thread alone.

A part of me REALLY wants to update. A small part doesn't. Maybe I'll update once I return from my NYC trip (4th of July). I'd hate to update now and have messed up camera functions. Or worse, beta 2 is released and I will not be around a computer to update once the newer beta hits and my iPhone is bricked because I didn't update in time.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that's very big to consider and I appreciate your quick response. I'll leave the other thread alone.

A part of me REALLY wants to update. A small part doesn't. Maybe I'll update once I return from my NYC trip (4th of July). I'd hate to update now and have messed up camera functions. Or worse, beta 2 is released and I will not be around a computer to update once the newer beta hits and my iPhone is bricked because I didn't update in time.

Yeah, that would super suck! I actually think the camera is performing better for me on 5... at least, the grid is really nice and it opens faster XD Also if you plan on using it as a camera a lot you should probably wait because the battery is worse... not as bad as android but it's definitely worse.

budd1e_lee

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Doesn't play well when playing music via dock connector and trying to answer phone via bluetooth. I couldn't answer either with handset or bluetooth, it was angry.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Plug it in, used to show up as a drive so that you could copy photos. Now it doesn't show up and you're pretty much dependent on iPhoto (which I hate).

hollidizzle

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Maybe this is just me... But my music quality sucks since upgrading to iOS5.

Also, twitter app is biggy. Crashes a lot on profiles. Tumblr doesn't work at all.... Notifications are sometimey. When they work for me they work GREAT but sometimes they just clock out... Netflix app doesn't work at all either (tear). Facebook works but seems "jumpy"...

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Plug it in, used to show up as a drive so that you could copy photos. Now it doesn't show up and you're pretty much dependent on iPhoto (which I hate).

Whoa, mine never did this on iOS 4! In case I have to go back to 4 because of a bad beta, is there anything you did to get this to work? I freaking hate iPhoto. Lol! This would be AWESOME!

MILE

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Found the first bug that really kinda annoys me: when I tap the + Button in the calendar to add a new event the Calendar app always crashes?! No way to enter new events on the iPhone as for now?! :(

Is it just me or can anyone else confirm this??!

BTW, it only happens on the iPhone, Calendar app on the iPad works just fine?

- M

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Whoa, mine never did this on iOS 4! In case I have to go back to 4 because of a bad beta, is there anything you did to get this to work? I freaking hate iPhoto. Lol! This would be AWESOME!

Plug in iPhone. Look at Finder. iPhone appears in list of storage devices.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I just had a strange thing happen... I went to the App Store and checked for App updates... there was one... so I clicked UPDATE. It prompted me for my password which I entered... when I hit OK, the password dialog closed, but I was left looking at my home screen with the keyboard still in place. I just clicked on an icon and then quit the app and all is good again...

ios5a.png

MILE

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Plug in iPhone. Look at Finder. iPhone appears in list of storage devices.

Are you sure that you haven't installed some 3rd party app on your Mac that does that??! Because the iPhone it's not supposed to show up as a drive and never did?

- M

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
No 3rd party app. Have done it that way on Windows for years.

The only thing you can do is copy from the DCIM folder in your iPhone, but it's there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro