iOS 5.0 Beta Broken Apps Thread

Rusty Shackelford#IM

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Bummer. I very seldom have that happen. When it does I just rotate from portrait to landscape and back and it's as good as new.

I do understand the frustration though.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Still Rhapsody doesn't work. Even in beta 5. Ugh.

What people aren't "getting" is that iOS 5 is doing some thing differently and some of the "internals" within iOS 5 has changed... future updates to the iOS 5 will not fix the "broken" apps... the app developers will need to update their code to match the changes made in iOS 5... NOT the other way around...

If any of the beta releases "break" an app, the app will remain broken until the app developer updates it to match...

Rusty Shackelford#IM

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
What people aren't "getting" is that iOS 5 is doing some thing differently and some of the "internals" within iOS 5 has changed... future updates to the iOS 5 will not fix the "broken" apps... the app developers will need to update their code to match the changes made in iOS 5... NOT the other way around...

If any of the beta releases "break" an app, the app will remain broken until the app developer updates it to match...

Yet another example of why Apple's betas are intended for developers and not the general public.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm, this is the first time I've had the backpage app fail on me on any beta. It says no matches found, no matter what section. Not a biggie.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Well my local radio station's app for the first time actually loads, yet it crashes right before it begins to stream. Baby steps KRBE, baby steps....

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Google+ App on beta 6

i apologize in advance if this has been discussed already but i am too lazy to sift through all of this thread

is anyone else receiving their G+ notifications via Notification Center? also, i am not getting any sound when i receive one as well..

just trying to see if this is an isolated issue. thank you

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
This may be one of the things they caution about when you get that popup in G+ saying "some features may not work properly in iOS 5 beta."

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
that's what i figured as well and i assume the features i described above do not work for you also??

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro