LockInfo users pondering the jump to iOS 5..

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
IMHO, anyone who is going to do this and is used to LockInfo.. you will have to have an open mind and almost start all over with your typical Notification habits. keep in mind that this is Apple's approach and it may seem "lacking" in areas but i feel it is something you will just get used to

look at it this way, for anyone who has been TeamPure their entire iPhone experience this will seem like when we (jailbreakers) first loaded and tweaked LockInfo for the first time :)

for me this was unique timing because i just got rid of LI and was trying other Notification tweaks/apps, those were not to impressing me that much. i like the iOS version and i am going to make it work. if Apple decides to tweak it some more with future builds then it is just an added bonus

if anyone else out there with iOS 5 regarding any thoughts about the 'Notification Center' please chime in!

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The keynote info made it seem to me that the new notifications are quite a bit like Notified Pro, is that true? And say I have 4 notifications from Words with Friends - if I take one and have it bring me to the app, do the others stay or go away?

Jheri

May 29, 2011
www.jherievans.com
That's a really good question, Chirmer. I look forward to seeing how the Apple version works. I love LockInfo, but I'm still new to it so I still have that just loaded it feeling, haha. Regardless, I think it's a step in the right direction.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
The keynote info made it seem to me that the new notifications are quite a bit like Notified Pro, is that true? And say I have 4 notifications from Words with Friends - if I take one and have it bring me to the app, do the others stay or go away?

The notifications look exactly like Notified Pro to me too, with the alert being a carbon copy of MobileNotifier. The lockscreen alerts look kind of like a mix of Mobilenotifier and Lockinfo, I'm glad to see they aren't there when you have no notifications so the lockscreen is cleaner looking, I'm not a fan of Lockinfo.

It will be interesting to see notification panel themes once iOS 5 is JB, and to see how BiteSMS is integrated into it since there's no QR or QC in 5.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
To me the pull-down notifications look a lot like the old Element plug-in for Lockinfo (aka teehanlax theme).

original.jpg

I would LOVE to get that look back.

redbeard said:
I'm glad to see they aren't there when you have no notifications so the lockscreen is cleaner looking, I'm not a fan of Lockinfo.

You know you don't have to keep Lockinfo on the lock screen, right? (Despite the name.) I just use Infoshade and pull it down when I want to see it--my notifications show up as statusbar icons. Works great and keeps my lock screen clean.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i am really digging the local weather setting within the weather notification. when location services are set to ON it changes wherever you go

i was in 3 separate locations today and watched it change on que

also, if you swipe it left or right you get a 6 day forecast !

Reactions: anon4705295

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I installed LockInfo today. Gotta say I'm liking it. I especially love it combined with
popup blocker. Once iOS 5 is out, I'm updating right away.

On a side note: In the lockinfo settings, it says that with a full license popup blocker
is free. What do I do once my 2 week trial is done? Or am I understanding this completely
wrong?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal