iOS 5 Notifications

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
But what I mean is that I rely on Lockinfo to use Infoshade on the lock screen. It sounds like I won't be able to do that with the native version?

fmalloy

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
Nope there isnt

Wow, seems like a big oversight. What happens if you missed seeing the notification bar pop up at the top and disappear, or if you saw it but forgot about it later? Seems like there should be some little icon in the status bar that indicates outstanding alerts. And, if the notification happened while unlocked, it won't even show on the lock screen - have to pull down the notification center to check.

Doesn't seem like an optimal solution, and you could miss notifications...

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Wow, seems like a big oversight. What happens if you missed seeing the notification bar pop up at the top and disappear, or if you saw it but forgot about it later? Seems like there should be some little icon in the status bar that indicates outstanding alerts. And, if the notification happened while unlocked, it won't even show on the lock screen - have to pull down the notification center to check.

Doesn't seem like an optimal solution, and you could miss notifications...

completely agree. i would like to think Peter Hajas (creator of MobileNotifier) would do something about this. unless he has no backbone or pull around there

fmalloy

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
completely agree. i would like to think Peter Hajas (creator of MobileNotifier) would do something about this. unless he has no backbone or pull around there

Yeah, who knows!

I'm amazed how they could let that one pass - 4 releases to think about how to do notifications the right way and the best way, and none of their UI geniuses could come up with that?

I mean, how hard is it to put a new icon in the status line? In this sense, it's almost worse than before - at least the modal dialog stayed up so you wouldn't miss it... :mad:

Skier1960

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know what the LED does????? Tried many different ways to make it work,but no luck....

Last edited:

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I think beta 1 is about the functionality of notifications. I personally don't want icons littering my menu bar. But if they can shade it differently or something like that when one comes in and you miss it, that'd be cool.

Also, add an option to clear them from the lock screen. I have no idea how many beta versions there will be (I am guessing 4 at most), but if these small tweaks aren't added by beta 3 at the most (assuming there are 4 betas)...it won't happen.

Does anyone know what the LED does????? Tried many different ways to make it work,but no luck....

That may not be fully enabled yet. I am assuming that if alerts are enabled for your apps under the notification section in settings, it will flash your LED flash to alert you.

Sindervhit

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I think beta 1 is about the functionality of notifications. I personally don't want icons littering my menu bar. But if they can shade it differently or something like that when one comes in and you miss it, that'd be cool.

Also, add an option to clear them from the lock screen. I have no idea how many beta versions there will be (I am guessing 4 at most), but if these small tweaks aren't added by beta 3 at the most (assuming there are 4 betas)...it won't happen.

That may not be fully enabled yet. I am assuming that if alerts are enabled for your apps under the notification section in settings, it will flash your LED flash to alert you.

That's what it does, when you get an alert (a text anyway, I turned the led alert off after a few texts is all) it flashes 3 times quickly.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

What if it was just a single icon. A generic notification icon. I can't see them changing the almost transparent bar to something else unless they make the color simi transparent.

rj5570

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Wish Apple would have allowed developers to write widgets without having to JB to install them. Maybe in the future they will open that up!

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
What if it was just a single icon. A generic notification icon. I can't see them changing the almost transparent bar to something else unless they make the color simi transparent.

If it's just 1 icon that doesn't change no matter what the notification is, that's fine. In reality, it doesn't take but a second to swipe down.

One annoying thing with safari is the fact that when you try to swipe down for the notifications, it scrolls the page all the way to the top. Oh well.

fmalloy

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
If it's just 1 icon that doesn't change no matter what the notification is, that's fine. In reality, it doesn't take but a second to swipe down.

Yes, a single icon that indicates outstanding notifications is desperately needed. If people have an issue with a new icon (I can't see why they would) then Apple could flash the time once a second or alternate the time with an icon or text.

The main point is that you should be able to pick up a locked or unlocked phone and be able to tell there are notifications. With this new system, you cannot without actively pulling down the notification center and to me it's a big issue.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Yes, a single icon that indicates outstanding notifications is desperately needed. If people have an issue with a new icon (I can't see why they would) then Apple could flash the time once a second or alternate the time with an icon or text.

The main point is that you should be able to pick up a locked or unlocked phone and be able to tell there are notifications. With this new system, you cannot without actively pulling down the notification center and to me it's a big issue.

once again, i agree. it seems if Apple is going to actively mimic the already made jailbreak apps/tweaks then why not keep going..

i do like your idea of the time flashing or even pulsing, that would look pretty cool. then that way there are no worries of cluttering up the statusbar if that is a concern.. something--anything!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner