So I have iOS 5 beta 1 installed

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
How's your battery life been today? I'm trying to figure if it's draining quicker, or because were using the new os harder than before the update.

Last edited:

jskoland

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have CDMA. Initial report so far is that it must have taken awhile to actually activate. Even though it said it activated it must not have. I now have been able to get a phone call. Gonna test SMS

jskoland

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your patience and help. Going to run this and report. Everything so far seems to be working ok. Need to see if my .me account is really configured for iCloud or if I have to create a new account

MeMo21687

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have CDMA and my phone activated 30 seconds after the new iOS was done installing. I have been using it all day making calls and SMS

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
As far as battery life draining quicker, it could be that you're using your phone a tad more than usual playing around with the new iOS :)

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
As far as battery life draining quicker, it could be that you're using your phone a tad more than usual playing around with the new iOS :)

Great point! ... I just think it needs a little calibration though, I took mine off the charger this morning and it only charged up to 92%

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So far I am loving wireless sync with iTunes, works very well and fast. Calendar app has been updated, allows you to swipe between days and has a nice week view when you turn the device on it's side. I am still playing with it, but so far the OS is very responsive.

So, you're now about 15 hours into the beta... anything significant to report yet? Do you still consider it "solid"? And quirks? show stoppers?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
So, you're now about 15 hours into the beta... anything significant to report yet? Do you still consider it "solid"? And quirks? show stoppers?

Very solid so far with no real issues other than Tapatalk having a strange screen formatting issue every once in a while, Facebook won't allow you to reply to a thread and the battery calibration being a little strange. I have to tell you that this is the most solid beta that I have ever seen from Apple. It is by far better than the experience I had with the iOS 4 betas.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Very solid so far with no real issues other than Tapatalk having a strange screen formatting issue every once in a while, Facebook won't allow you to reply to a thread and the battery calibration being a little strange. I have to tell you that this is the most solid beta that I have ever seen from Apple. It is by far better than the experience I had with the iOS 4 betas.

have you tried removing and reloading tapatalk?

i just did it and it seems to have been better.. thus far

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a question for anyone with iOS5 - can you downgrade back to 4.2.8 or 4.3.3? I read that the baseband changes so you can't, but I also read someone on Gizmodo who said they could downgrade and have done so twice. Does anyone have difinitive info on this? I don't want to upgrade if there's a decent possibility of a future beta tanking my phone and having no backup plan.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Yes you can downgrade the beta, but it's not a click and restore option. Baseband won't downgrade and I am curious how stable the GSM baseband is.