So I have iOS 5 beta 1 installed

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
So far I am loving wireless sync with iTunes, works very well and fast. Calendar app has been updated, allows you to swipe between days and has a nice week view when you turn the device on it's side. I am still playing with it, but so far the OS is very responsive.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
yes sir. are custom tones an option yet? (SMS, mail, calendar etc.)

also, how is the notification center looking? i think you used to be jailbroken; how does it compare to lockinfo?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Notification Center is much like Android When you Swipe down. Lock screen looks very much like lock info. Lemme check on ring toned "I am on tapatalk"

davidjfb

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Wireless itunes sync

hi i have ios 5 beta and cant seem to get the wireless itunes sync working i have the itunes 10.5 aswell. i can backup with icloud but are unable to wirelessly syc with itunes.

any ideas

thanks

Bojomojo

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Well, an important question.. When you have pending notifications, does any icons or anything appear in the status bar so you know there are notifications? or you have to swipe down to see them??

Damn that, I have been trying to get a developer account to publish my first app grrr.. but apple said I have to fax in my application with my CC info in it, I dont really feel safe to do so :S

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, an important question.. When you have pending notifications, does any icons or anything appear in the status bar so you know there are notifications? or you have to swipe down to see them??

Damn that, I have been trying to get a developer account to publish my first app grrr.. but apple said I have to fax in my application with my CC info in it, I dont really feel safe to do so :S

looks like you have to swipe or rely on badges

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Well, an important question.. When you have pending notifications, does any icons or anything appear in the status bar so you know there are notifications? or you have to swipe down to see them?

looks like you have to swipe or rely on badges

see, this makes absolutely no sense to me. by the time you see the badge for the specific app you might as well go directly into that app instead of swiping down

this is why i feel with this notification setup, statusbar icons play a BIG part

am i wrong??

swampbaby

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Question?.if I purchase this beta and install it on my main iPhone, would they be a bad idea? I?ve seen some comments on the web saying you should avoid using the beta on your main iPhone?anime care to clarify that for me before I go through with the purchase?

Once installing the beta, and if for whatever reason you need to restore the device?.is it possible? Or is the iDevice basically bricked to iOS 5 at that point?

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
So if I join the developer program for $100, I will be able to download and install iOS 5? Is it stable enough to use on your main phone? I have been wanting to sign up for a long time as I would like to really get into app development but have been nervous I guess. With yesterday's announcement, I am sure this is something I want to do.

Se7enth Sinn#IM

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
So far I am loving wireless sync with iTunes, works very well and fast. Calendar app has been updated, allows you to swipe between days and has a nice week view when you turn the device on it's side. I am still playing with it, but so far the OS is very responsive.

Hey Jsntrenkler, can you please verify that you now have full control to the dictionary for me please.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh