- 06-10-2011, 01:04 PM #101
- 06-10-2011, 01:50 PM #102
- 06-10-2011, 01:59 PM #103
- 06-10-2011, 02:00 PM #104
Also, is there a way to create custom vibrate patterns? I didn't see those options. Also, can you set the email to just vibrate, without playing the sound? And last question, can I backup and sync, without having my pc on at all?
- 06-10-2011, 03:21 PM #105
- 06-10-2011, 03:35 PM #106iPhone Newbie
- 21 Posts
- 06-10-2011, 04:23 PM #107
- 06-10-2011, 10:02 PM #108
Question about Calendar notifications:
Do you need to set an alert for each event to show up in notifications/lock screen?
Are calendar notifications simply a list of your upcoming events regardless of the individual event's alert status? (hoping its this way)
Right now, all my notifications are working except ones for calendar (setup using Exchange/Google)
- 06-10-2011, 11:02 PM #109
- 06-10-2011, 11:16 PM #110
- 06-11-2011, 10:54 AM #111
- 06-11-2011, 12:09 PM #112
I have a question/concern about the notifications.
Notification Center is a great idea however my notifications on my 3Gs are so sporatic that I'm curious about NC's true functionallity.
Can anyone tell me if the push notifications are "pushing" any better on iOS 5 than on previous versions?
I sometimes wont get a Facebook or email notification all day untill I actually open up the app. At that point NC will be of no use to me.
- 06-11-2011, 12:16 PM #113
- 06-11-2011, 12:18 PM #114
- 06-11-2011, 12:50 PM #115
- 06-11-2011, 04:25 PM #116
I think iOS 5 will definately be a good enough improvement to hold me untill the iPhone 5/4s release.
- 06-11-2011, 05:02 PM #117
Last edited by Alli; 06-11-2011 at 08:23 PM.
- 06-11-2011, 06:32 PM #118iPhone Nanite
- 4 Posts
- 06-11-2011, 07:21 PM #119
- 06-11-2011, 07:27 PM #120
- 06-11-2011, 10:44 PM #121
@ghostface147 Lol so I should wait till someone offers lol? Sounds like a plan
I agree rishi_tank. I like having more than just the last months emails considering I'm horrible about not creating folders in my email lol.
All in all it sounds like iOS 5 is shaping up very nicely! Can't wait to get my hands on it.
This kinda reminds me of the Blackberry Betas I used to run on my Storm lol! Only way better haha.
- 06-12-2011, 02:41 AM #122
Something cool I just stumbled upon, I haven't seen anyone mention it yet, is in the weather app you have a "local weather" report now. So even if you're not in the city where you have the weather app set for, it'll still give you the weather report based on your current location. I thought that was a pretty cool feature.
PS - A little off topic, but I noticed on the Apple site that iOS is compatible with iPhone 3GS .. I thought that was really cool considering how they usually leave out the next to the last iPhone when they release a new iOS and how this iOS is primarily going to be for the iPhone 5. Traditionally, only the iPhone 5 and 4 would have gotten iOS 5, but it's cool they included the 3GS with this update as well.
Last edited by JonMark; 06-12-2011 at 02:45 AM.
- 06-12-2011, 08:36 AM #123
I don't know how to explain my question but I hope you understand. Does the notification shade follow your finger like on Android? If you've used Android then you'll know what I'm talking about. For example, lockinfo's Infoshade doesn't follow your input.
- 06-12-2011, 08:42 AM #124
- 06-12-2011, 09:11 AM #125