- 06-09-2011, 09:32 PM #51
- 06-09-2011, 11:40 PM #52
- 06-10-2011, 12:08 AM #53
- 06-10-2011, 12:12 AM #54
- 06-10-2011, 02:03 AM #55
- 06-10-2011, 05:57 AM #56
I had to put my phone into DFU mode to revert to 4.2.8. NOT recovery, DFU. Worked like a charm once I figured that out.
I loved iOS 5, but I'm shipping out for boot camp in two months, and I can't risk the beta bricking my phone when it expires. I won't have a laptop or computer access, so it's a non-started for me.
Sucks, I won't be able to load 5 onto the phone until October, at the earliest.
- 06-10-2011, 09:11 AM #57
- 06-10-2011, 10:31 AM #58
I have the ios 5 beta on my Ipad 2. I read on BGR's article "Finally, the new accessibility options Apple has included in iOS 5 are nothing short of incredible. You can enable the LED flash to blink during alerts, and you can even create your own custom vibration patterns for specific contacts by tapping out patterns on the display."
How do you enable the LED flash to blink during alerts, and create custom vibrate patterns? I didn't see those options. Also, can you set the email to just vibrate, without playing the sound? And last question, can I backup and sync, without having my pc on at all?
- 06-10-2011, 10:53 AM #59
- 06-10-2011, 12:02 PM #60
- 06-10-2011, 12:12 PM #61
- 06-10-2011, 12:52 PM #62
- 06-10-2011, 12:59 PM #63
- 06-10-2011, 09:52 PM #64
- 06-10-2011, 10:25 PM #65
- 06-11-2011, 12:41 AM #66
- 06-11-2011, 08:24 AM #67
- 06-12-2011, 02:44 PM #68iPhone Nanite
- 7 Posts
1) You can get iOS 5 beta 1 running without a dev account, but if you do so don't complain here.
2) You can downgrade from 5 beta to 4.x. Learn to use Google if you want directions.
3) Apple explicitly states to not run betas on everyday usage devices. Yes, we all know that that is some times not financially able, but Apple puts that warning out there, so when you freak out because something isn't working, don't come whining or complaining. Simply either downgrade or use Google to fix it, or inform the dev, and wait for them to fix it.
There's nothing more irritating than seeing angry posts on the dev forum directed at Apple, in regards to that they can't release stable betas, or something like that. People should figure out the definition of BETA.
4) It is moronic to pay to have access to betas, or try to install if you are not a dev. This is also AGAINST the dev agreement. It's also against the agreement to add people to your account, just because, or for payment (xvenom89, I got your sarcasm, and am NOT directing this at you).
- 06-21-2011, 02:37 PM #69
- 06-21-2011, 06:19 PM #70
- 06-23-2011, 05:32 PM #71
I just rolled back from the beta because I lost my Bluetooth capability in my car. I use that all the time and I just can't wait for a fix. I also found that the beta is very buggy. Calendar crashing a lot. I guess I will just wait until the fall. I have the beta on my IPad and now I can't turn on my data plan, there is a glitch. I am going to have to try to roll back on that as well.
All that said, the new features, such as the notifications and the week view on the calendar on the iPhone are great. I just need to be patient for the update to come out.
- 06-23-2011, 07:19 PM #72
- 06-23-2011, 07:24 PM #73
- 06-23-2011, 07:41 PM #74