Anyone try the iOS 5 beta yet?

Genericmessage00

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Gizmodo posted a really good way (and easy) to get iOS5 WITHOUT a dev account.

So...don't need that dev account anymore it seems. I would link it, but I am but a baby here. Sadly my android forums name doesn't transfer =P

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Gizmodo posted a really good way (and easy) to get iOS5 WITHOUT a dev account.

So...don't need that dev account anymore it seems. I would link it, but I am but a baby here. Sadly my android forums name doesn't transfer =P

im pretty sure it will also brick your phone when the new update comes out. may want to avoid it

trevgriff#IM

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
You cannot go back. The baseband on the phone is automatically upgraded.

Thank you. So if I get this correctly, once that phone is registered on a dev account and the beta installed, we would need to keep using with each successive beta version until iOS 5 hits the mainstream and is released for everyday use and then it could be used normally.

munchkinsdad

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you would have to install each beta. as far as bricking your phone or ipad when beta expires?? naaaa... you can revert at any time, but it is a little involved..not too bad.

The BETA runs great! on both iPad and iPhone.

anon(4712533)

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Just got it installed last night. It's running smooth, I like the new notifications, I was going to hold out putting it on my iPad 2 but I just might so I can do some testing between devices.

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
You have to Alt-click RESTORE, not Update. I know this because I was in the same situation at first.

Sure, I'll register your device for free. I only pay $99/year to have these sorts of privileges, but you're totally deserving of a freebie, so sure, I'll activate your device at no charge. /sarcasm/

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Aaronga

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Weird.It worked using my friends hp laptop. I was using a macbook. Maybe it was the beta itunes i have on here? who knows. No more messing with my iphone for me. Android kind of spoiled me, as it was really easy to fix if you messed up

iRooney

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
So I bought one off of ebay for like $3...installed the beta and within like 10 minutes was on my way to going back to 4. Without everything fully functional it feels like I have to do to many things to accomplish simple tasks.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So I bought one off of ebay for like $3...installed the beta and within like 10 minutes was on my way to going back to 4. Without everything fully functional it feels like I have to do to many things to accomplish simple tasks.

I have not run into any bugs that have impeded my workflow, what did you run into?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner