Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 78
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    dlopes90's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    14 Posts

    Lightbulb Predictions for iPhone 5 & iOS 5

    Right now i have the iPhone 4 and really can't wait for the next generation iPhone to come out. Here are my predictions for the next iPhone 5.

    iPhone 5 Hardware:
    -Same Design but instead will have aluminum back & black apple logo to match the iPad design
    -5 or 8 megapixel camera
    -Notification light on the home button
    -Proximity Sensor will be "fully" fixed
    -Bigger Speaker Grill
    -iPhone antenna design will be the same for both Verizon and AT&T except SIM card slot will be added for the AT&T version.
    -Will be available in 32GB and 64GB
    -More RAM and Faster Processor

    iPhone 5 Software (iOS 5):
    -Notification system will be better
    -Mobile Me will be free
    -Widgets will be implemented when you double click the home button, similar to dashboard on Mac
    -Social Networking will be integrated with contacts
    -The weather app will have a live icon, similar to the calendar icon
    -Spotlight Search will allow searching in Google Maps
    -Voice control will be system wide in text fields
    -You will have your own login account when your turn on your iOS device. This would be beneficial for the iPad because if you have multiple people using your iPad you can have each account with it's own settings, saved games, and apps.
    -You will be able to delete each individual call history. Right now you only have the option to delete your whole call log.
    -Game Center will be updated so all your games will be synced to each iOS device so this way you don't have to start all over in a game on another device you can just pick up where you left off.
    -Photo Booth, iWorks, iPhoto will be announced for iPad 2 and iPhone 4, iPhone 5, and iPod 4th Gen.
    -iPhoto will allow for basic photo editing
    -Photo Booth will allow for live video & picture effects with the front facing camera.
    -Camera app will be updated to support live picture effects on video & pictures.
    -Text Messaging app will allow the option to show each individual time & date reports.

    These are my predictions of what the future of iPhone and iOS 5 will be. All these things might not be implemented in the next generation but I think somewhere down the road we will see a lot of these features on future iOS devices.

    Let me know what you think in the comments....or let me know what other predictions or hopes you might have.

    Thanks,
    Dominick
  2. #2  
    deadp1xel's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    760 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,584 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlopes90 View Post
    Right now i have the iPhone 4 and really can't wait for the next generation iPhone to come out. Here are my predictions for the next iPhone 5.

    iPhone 5 Hardware:
    -Same Design but instead will have aluminum back & black apple logo to match the iPad design
    -5 or 8 megapixel camera
    -Notification light on the home button
    -Proximity Sensor will be "fully" fixed
    -Bigger Speaker Grill
    -iPhone antenna design will be the same for both Verizon and AT&T except SIM card slot will be added for the AT&T version.
    -Will be available in 32GB and 64GB
    -More RAM and Faster Processor

    iPhone 5 Software (iOS 5):
    -Notification system will be better
    -Mobile Me will be free
    -Widgets will be implemented when you double click the home button, similar to dashboard on Mac
    -Social Networking will be integrated with contacts
    -The weather app will have a live icon, similar to the calendar icon
    -Spotlight Search will allow searching in Google Maps
    -Voice control will be system wide in text fields
    -You will have your own login account when your turn on your iOS device. This would be beneficial for the iPad because if you have multiple people using your iPad you can have each account with it's own settings, saved games, and apps.
    -You will be able to delete each individual call history. Right now you only have the option to delete your whole call log.
    -Game Center will be updated so all your games will be synced to each iOS device so this way you don't have to start all over in a game on another device you can just pick up where you left off.
    -Photo Booth, iWorks, iPhoto will be announced for iPad 2 and iPhone 4, iPhone 5, and iPod 4th Gen.
    -iPhoto will allow for basic photo editing
    -Photo Booth will allow for live video & picture effects with the front facing camera.
    -Camera app will be updated to support live picture effects on video & pictures.
    -Text Messaging app will allow the option to show each individual time & date reports.

    These are my predictions of what the future of iPhone and iOS 5 will be. All these things might not be implemented in the next generation but I think somewhere down the road we will see a lot of these features on future iOS devices.

    Let me know what you think in the comments....or let me know what other predictions or hopes you might have.

    Thanks,
    Dominick
    LOVE your ideas. The only thing I would add would be a 4" Display. I don't care if it's a retina display or not, but I want a bigger screen!!! Here's to hoping your ideas turn out to be realities.
    Thanked by:
    dlopes90 (02-22-2011)
  3. #3  
    BLiNK's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,232 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,579 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MsEYE View Post
    LOVE your ideas. The only thing I would add would be a 4" Display. I don't care if it's a retina display or not, but I want a bigger screen!!! Here's to hoping your ideas turn out to be realities.
    going away from anything less than a retina display quality that would be a major Fail, imo
  4. #4  
    anaphora68's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts

    Default

    I doubt that Apple will bump the screen size to 4'', for one or two reasons. First, from an ergonomics standpoint, 3.5'' is a good size for the average human hand. Apple is a slave to Industrial Design, and won't change something unless it is a) aesthetically pleasing and b) functional.

    Unless they can keep the Pixel Density the same, I doubt they will do that. All a bigger screen does is "blow up" what is on there, if it is the same resolution. There is no real net gain at that point.
  5. #5  
    Cleveland's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,257 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,883 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.1

    Default

    I doubt they go bigger screen as well... would use more battery as well as all the other facts that have been previously stated
    Cleveland

    www.adelitaswaymusic.net


    Quote from Jellotime91
    And, I'm not trying to push my preference on others, so I've got no reason to go and join an android forum to talk about how awesome iPhone is. That's like going to a KKK meeting and trying to show people the latest queen latifah movie...
  6. #6  
    ChrisGonzales90's Avatar
    iPhone Specialist

    Posts
    1,335 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,646 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anaphora68 View Post
    I doubt that Apple will bump the screen size to 4'', for one or two reasons. First, from an ergonomics standpoint, 3.5'' is a good size for the average human hand. Apple is a slave to Industrial Design, and won't change something unless it is a) aesthetically pleasing and b) functional.

    Unless they can keep the Pixel Density the same, I doubt they will do that. All a bigger screen does is "blow up" what is on there, if it is the same resolution. There is no real net gain at that point.
    To complete with Android phones. Android is growing and there are people who love the large screen. Large screen = more content.

    Plus if anyone could do it right, it would be Apple. Not to menton if they do come out with a 4" phone Apple fans will buy it because it has an Apple logo on it.
  7. #7  
    ame
    ame is offline
    ame's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,488 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,334 Global Posts

    Default

    My main hope for iPhone5 is an 8MP camera, and a better front-facing camera, just a better camera situation. The size for me is big enough--bigger than I typically even would be happy with.
  8. #8  
    iSRS's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    484 Posts
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGonzales90 View Post
    To complete with Android phones. Android is growing and there are people who love the large screen. Large screen = more content.

    Plus if anyone could do it right, it would be Apple. Not to menton if they do come out with a 4" phone Apple fans will buy it because it has an Apple logo on it.
    I agree that if anyone could do it right it is Apple. But Apple has never been one to do something just because they can do it.

    Larger screen at same pixels? Does not = more content.

    Apple fans will buy it because it has an Apple logo? I waited nearly 4 years for my first iPhone. Because the network mattered to me.
     Verizon iPhone 5 Black (32GB)  iPad (32GB Black WiFi 3rd gen)  20" iMac Core2Duo  3rd gen TV 
     Everyone in the house has an iPhone or iPod touch, all our computers are Mac 
  9. #9  
    ChrisGonzales90's Avatar
    iPhone Specialist

    Posts
    1,335 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,646 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by starbird View Post
    I agree that if anyone could do it right it is Apple. But Apple has never been one to do something just because they can do it.

    Larger screen at same pixels? Does not = more content.

    Apple fans will buy it because it has an Apple logo? I waited nearly 4 years for my first iPhone. Because the network mattered to me.
    You'd be surprised at what Apple can do. Its not like the iPhone just came out, its been out for a few years and I'm sure with in the last two or even one that there were talks or even internal testing of a large phone

    and maybe not you, but a lot of other apple fans will go out and buy the iPhone "HD" because it has an apple logo on it and that jobs will say "its the best thing ever"
  10. #10  
    APandaWithAGun's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    21 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    My main hope for iPhone5 is an 8MP camera, and a better front-facing camera, just a better camera situation. The size for me is big enough--bigger than I typically even would be happy with.
    100% agree. It just looks a tad better because of the retina display, which btw is amazing. but really it's like a 2MP camera in there
  11. #11  
    FrostedDarkness's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    33 Posts

    Default

    Interesting, just hope a fix for crash bug.
  12. #12  
    Garz's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    4,268 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,195 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    8.0

    Default

    Im guessing iOS 5 that there will be Facetime on 3G since we can do it on Skype and other phones on the market can. Must stay competitive
  13. #13  
    Heisenberg's Avatar

    Posts
    3,116 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,492 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7

    Default

    I'm almost sure iOS gets a better notification system. If it doesn't this go around,
    then I'm convinced that it will never happen.
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 5S 64GB
    Galaxy Note 3
    iPad Mini with Retina 32gb
    Thanked by:
    ChrisGonzales90 (02-23-2011)
  14. #14  
    deadp1xel's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    760 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,584 Global Posts

    Default

    Honestly, if they don't change the screen, then it's going to look like the same phone forever. I like my iphone, but honestly I love using my friend's evo. Granted, the screen kind of looks like a poo smear compared to the retina display, but I love not having to constantly pan around when I use the web, and I like how I can see a lot more twitter, facebook, and instagram posts without having to scroll.
    Thanked by:
    ChrisGonzales90 (02-23-2011)
  15. #15  
    Watcher's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    301 Posts
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MsEYE View Post
    The only thing I would add would be a 4" Display. I don't care if it's a retina display or not, but I want a bigger screen!!!
    Here ya go! Here's your 4" screen mock up without a Home button, since that's the latest rumor. We can even make it smaller but wider.
    Last edited by Watcher; 02-22-2011 at 08:00 PM.
    Jailbreaking the iPhone is like dipping iOS in Android sauce - DELICIOUS!
  16. #16  
    msm0511's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    454 Posts
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts

    Default

    Please no notification light! I hate them! I do agree that iOS will get a better notification system (finally). I'm not sure about the 4 inch screen though. To keep the retina display they would have to up the pixel density. Also every single app in the app store would have to be re-worked to fit the larger screen size. Since the 4 only upped the pixel density, developers didn't have to change anything if they didn't want to. They had the option to update to show the new pixel density, but I have many apps that did not update for the retina display.
  17. #17  
    iPhoneGleek's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    162 Posts

    Default

    Oh yeah those would be great! Id absolutely love the photobooth for iphone, with a better quality front facing camera. Id sell my ip4 in a heartbeat for it.
  18. #18  
    moneymike47's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    372 Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garz View Post
    Im guessing iOS 5 that there will be Facetime on 3G since we can do it on Skype and other phones on the market can. Must stay competitive
    I agree with that, and i also think that the processor will be faster with more RAM, maybe around 720, like competitors, or more. And possibly even a dual core processor. I just hope that when i buy the iPhone 4, that i will be able to sell it for the iPhone 5
  19. #19  
    deadp1xel's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    760 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,584 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Watcher View Post
    Here ya go! Here's your 4" screen mock up without a Home button, since that's the latest rumor. We can even make it smaller but wider.
    Looks okay. Would be nice to keep it the same height though.
  20. #20  
    Ipheuria's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,844 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,880 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MsEYE View Post
    Honestly, if they don't change the screen, then it's going to look like the same phone forever. I like my iphone, but honestly I love using my friend's evo. Granted, the screen kind of looks like a poo smear compared to the retina display, but I love not having to constantly pan around when I use the web, and I like how I can see a lot more twitter, facebook, and instagram posts without having to scroll.
    I love how you say it looks like a poo smear but you would still rather use it over retina because of the size lol.

    I'm sure they wont do 4" this time around unless it's retina. People were clamoring for Retina Display on iPad 2 and with the big leap they wont go backward on a new model. iOS 5 needs Lockinfo smushed together with biteSMS as the notification system. The ability to save files on the web just like you save images and then it syncs over to your computer when connected. The ability to browse your albums to upload pictures to sites right from the device. The ability to forward calls and notifications to your iPad from the phone to rival HP's whatever it's called. The iPhone 5, faster processor, more storage, better battery life because everyone always wants better battery life.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
  21. #21  
    ChrisGonzales90's Avatar
    iPhone Specialist

    Posts
    1,335 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,646 Global Posts

    Default

    Isn't the iPhone or the iPhones screen the size of a standard credit card? Want to compare sizes, just go off that
  22. #22  
    moberts's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    11 Posts

    Default

    Love my iPhone 4!!! 2 main things i want
    - Better, much much better notifications
    - Integrated quick reply for messaging
  23. #23  
    Michele's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    21 Posts

    Default

    iphone5: wish list

    More memory
    Faster speed
    Lockinfo built into OS
    bigger folders for apps (ipad has 20)
    Ability to close all apps at once
    Better app switching
    Better notifications
    Thanked by:
    Garz (02-23-2011)
  24. #24  
    Garz's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    4,268 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,195 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    8.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    iphone5: wish list

    More memory
    Faster speed
    Lockinfo built into OS
    bigger folders for apps (ipad has 20)
    Ability to close all apps at once
    Better app switching
    Better notifications
    couldnt agree more
  25. #25  
    SurfStoked's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    110 Posts

    Default

    @dlopes90 I love your ideas! Better notification system and widgets are most important to me.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions