What would you like to see in iOS 11?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I know we're a ways off yet, but what sort of features would you like to see in iOS 11? Any crazy things you'd like to see included? Or just general improvements to build upon iOS 10?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to see a system-wide delete all option and the ability to pick and choose what to backup and what to restore. Furthermore, since Apple is aggressively promoting privacy, they should provide built-in VPN service. Lastly, make iCloud Drive accessible like that of Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive and others.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Multiple user for iPad and the Plus iPhones.
System wide dark theme.
Option to remove screen darkening on the home screen and lock screen.

mphillips828

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
1) System wide Dark mode

2) Ability to clear all open apps in multitasking view (often times I want them all closed and it would be easy to just click a clear all)

3) Revamped Multitasking screen: We don't need the basically full-screen card view to swipe through. Bring something similar to the Side Over view on iPads - can use the same function to 3d touch the left side to open multitasking but have it as a vertical scrolling with smaller "cards" so that the main screen isnt completely missing.

4) Volume up/down at the top of the screen (using circles similar to that of your service indicator). This way when you turn up or down your volume you don't have that big volume control pop up in the middle of the screen of what you are doing. They wanted to get away from BLOCKING the screen with notifications which is why they did the banners, they should implement a banner volume display.

5) 3D Touch the top bar of options in Control Center - allowing users to swap WIFI networks, Bluetooth, and other settings...and allow for a Deep 3D Touch press to enter into settings directly from Control Center (it is annoying having to go to settings app every time when they can easily implement this function).

6) In most native apps, provide the option to change app settings directly within the app instead of having to jump into settings always. Would be very good in camera when you want to switch your slo-mo settings, or frame rates, etc.

7) Create live app icons - similar to the clock we currently have that moves and shows time. Allow apps like the weather one to show your current locations current weather right on the app icon.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Honestly a system wide change of the look. I know it's "iPhone default" looks, but it's been the same for a while, time for a change.

anon(9758025)

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
For iOS 11 and next version of macOS would be to be able to unlock your Mac with your iPhone via passcode/Touch ID and you know what for a twist how about the reverse being unlocking your iPhone with your Mac.

anon(9758025)

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
I would also like to see the option to turn on and off cellular connection in the control center for iOS 11 that would be extremely helpful as well as 3D touch options for Wifi and Bluetooth.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I would like to see all future Apple devices become truly stand alone without needing to connect to a base computer at all. So that for instance I don't need to use a computer to connect my devices to transfer music from one to another.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see all future Apple devices become truly stand alone without needing to connect to a base computer at all. So that for instance I don't need to use a computer to connect my devices to transfer music from one to another.

I haven't connected my device to a computer in years. I use iTunes Match for my music, so anything I put on my computer will also be on my iPhone.

mc511

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to see

1: The icons for apps move like the clock and calendar. Like update the weather or something. I like 3d touch but just glancing would be nice.

2: I dont think you can do this now but profiles for Do Not Disturb. I work a Mon-Fri job and I'd like to be able to set a weekend profile and a weekday profile since my bed varies by a few hours during that time. This was something I had on my Nexus 6p and I really miss that feature. No clue why Apple doesnt have it.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
The one thing that comes to mind is the ability to leave a group text message when some users are not iOS users.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711