Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Tartarus
  • 1 Post By Just_Me_D
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default iOS 11 or something else?

2017 will mark the tenth anniversary of the iPhone, and there are speculations about a redesign and all sorts of goodies associated with the 10th anniversary iPhone model(s), but what about iOS? We assume it will be named iOS 11, but should it? After so many iterations of OS X, Apple finally changed it to macOS. Can we expect the same for next years iOS version? iPhoneOS perhaps? Please share your thoughts and opinions about it....

Default Re: iOS 11 or something else?

iOS X has a nice ring to the ear, marking the 10th anniversary of iOS in the name, but with OS X already been used in the past, I don't think they'll go for it.
    Just_Me_D and mumfoau like this.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post
    iOS X has a nice ring to the ear, marking the 10th anniversary of iOS in the name, but with OS X already been used in the past, I don't think they'll go for it.
    I don't think they will either, especially being that we are currently running iOS 10. iOS X wouldn't be any different because it still denotes 10. Know what I mean?
    Tartarus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Me_D View Post
    I don't think they will either, especially being that we are currently running iOS 10. iOS X wouldn't be any different because it still denotes 10. Know what I mean?
    Exactly. But in my defense, even though X means 10, it can also stand for 10th anniversary in this case.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post
    Exactly. But in my defense, even though X means 10, it can also stand for 10th anniversary in this case.
    True...
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

I hope if there is an 11, it's alot better. But i'm not sure I like 10 very much
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

iPhone os was the name for the first 3 os versions before iOS 4, i would prefer iOS x
    Community Manager

Global Posts
    5,953 Global Posts

Perhaps watchOS, macOS and iOS will all merge into one magical OS known as one thing... thoughts?