What next?

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
iOS 10 was a huge step forward for the platform. From the improvements to interaction with messaging upgrades to the improved widgets and quick replies. Honestly, I can't think of anything MAJOR to improve the platform but...

I know some of you guys/gals are very imaginative so let's hear your tweaks to iOS 11...

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes a lot of improvements like Apple Maps that haven't been mentioned much but it's very user friendly now

I would like to see more improvement in the photo app like forgoing the camera Roll when working with Albums

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to have the option to rename images/photos in the camera roll and it stick.
Also the option to have nested folders on the home screen.
Do away with the screen darkening on both the home screen and lock screen. At least make it optional.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
1) ability to choose default apps for mail, music, browser, etc. 2) dark mode. 3) 3D Touch access from app icons to individual app settings (instead of having to scroll through settings to find everything). 4) Customizable control center.

Ram Kanda

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I'd love something like a file system. Nothing as complex as the Finder, but more powerful than what we have now.

The App Store could use a lot of work. I would include that as part of the OS update.

I'd love to have an additional view option of my system in addition to a grid of icons. I pretty much use 6 apps. Maybe the answer is widgets. Maybe something else entirely. I'm just not sure the system is optimized for the way most people use their phones.

Perhaps fork iPhoneOS and iPadOS into separate entities. The iPad OS could make better use of all that screen real estate. Let them share a code base, but let each fly and become whatever is best for that system.

Multiple users on a single iPad signing in with fingerprints (like on MacBook Pro).

Being able to type to Siri... because you don't always want to (or can't) talk to Siri, but natural language is just so nice and easy. This is even more important on the Mac. I'd love to type reminders, timers, bookings, and questions right into Spotlight.

Smarter Siri.

More animated wallpapers (still only circles moving?!?)

DLieSaS

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Well, iPhone 8 will probably have an OLED-screen – that will require significant rework of iOS's design ? la Apple Watch…

dexterouz

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Even small options are major things. Removing restricts wherever possible, getting more open like they are doing now. Adding small options. Improving widgets. Adding GPS off/on option directly on the control panel. In terms of small changes, there are so many to do :)

DLieSaS

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Also, there are many developer related programs that have been started off this year but seem unfinished or quite limited – SiriKit for example could be open to many more types of commands than it is currently…

imccausl

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I would like to see web dev tools built in to safari in a future release. I actually do a lot of coding on my iPad. I'm a weirdo. I know. But also I think there needs to be some more serious rethinking of the interface for iPad like what was started with iOS 9. Split screen mode could be a lot more useful if the app selector was more organized. But I also think the screen space on the home screen could be used for a lot more than just springboard.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I would like to be able to leave group SMS chats. We can leave iMessage chats, but if you're texting with a "mixed" group, leaving the conversation is not an option in iOS 10!

Dan_M

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
I believe curved edges seen in the s7 edge would be a great addition. While the edges aren't groundbreaking, it does add more functionality; and seeing that Apple chose to use a touch bar instead of a touch screen, I believe touch edges on the iphones would be a great addition to open up the avenue for the same progress seen in smart watch apps.

Tech198

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
I reckon the majority of people would like the change of default apps opening... but its still not a full Mac. I bet Apple can argue this one all the way home as excuses *not* to change it.

Then they'll prove me wrong by allowing this >;

fourthbase

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Home screen widgets, customisable control centre, multiple users on iPad, and the ability to close multiple apps at once. Who doesn't love a new mobile OS.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyberdragon505