Swiftkey or iOS keyboard?

erasat

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Once you use and master swiping your words there is no going back, so keyboard that doesn't offer that is a no go for me. First thing I do when I use an iPhone and iPad is to install both Swiftkey and Gboard, far superiors to the default one.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have never been a fan of those third party keyboards. I like stock the best.
I'm even thinking of removing the Bitmoji keyboard, because I find it kinda annoying.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Neither. I used Swiftkey for yeeeeearrrrrss on android. Shortly after I switched to Apple with a 6s+ the GBoard app appeared and I tried it out. Its swiping was much more fluid than swiftkey on iOS and I've switched to it as my main keyboard. As a matter of fact I like GBoard so much that as soon as it finally got released for Android I dumped swiftkey on my tablet as well. Swiftkey was starting to feel bloated and slow to respond.

West Londoner

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
For me , I prefer Swiftkey and Gboard

This is because the themes are better , and I like having my own image for Gboard ( the Proximity Logo ) , and Swiftkey's starry theme is really nice

I hate the apple stock keyboard . The first thing I do when I get an iPhone , is download Swiftkey/Gboard , allow full access , and then delete the English UK option

Lots of people have said Word Flow is a good keyboard , but it doesnt seem to be in the app store . Is it exclusive to some regions ?

It doesnt seem to be in the UK

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I find that the iOS keyboard is my preferred keyboard. Doesn't have a lot of the other features but appears to have superior auto correct for my usage.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
For me , I prefer Swiftkey and Gboard

This is because the themes are better , and I like having my own image for Gboard ( the Proximity Logo ) , and Swiftkey's starry theme is really nice

I hate the apple stock keyboard . The first thing I do when I get an iPhone , is download Swiftkey/Gboard , allow full access , and then delete the English UK option

Lots of people have said Word Flow is a good keyboard , but it doesnt seem to be in the app store . Is it exclusive to some regions ?

It doesnt seem to be in the UK

Word Flow is a Microsoft app. It's in the US store. I like you can use your own images as background, but I otherwise didn't care for it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
But there are also the inconsistency problems once in a while where the stock keyboard would come up first and things like that.

I see that from time to time with several 3rd party keyboards. Not sure what causes it. It doesn't happen often enough to be annoying though. They keep having to adapt to a new OS.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
But there are also the inconsistency problems once in a while where the stock keyboard would come up first and things like that.

That's easy to fix. Re-order the keyboards in the settings so the 3rd party keyboard is at the top. The only time I randomly have the stock one pop up is sometimes after the 3rd party one gets an update. Its order in settings didn't change but maybe the app temporarily forgets that you wanted to use that one or something. Also apparently uninstalling the default one will fix that (still pops up for passwords like it should) but since I re-ordered the keyboards it's happened so rarely I've never bothered to delete the stock keyboard.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The way iOS has implemented 3rd party keyboard is too wonky for me , iOS keyboard

I don't see anything wonky with SwiftKey. 3rd party keyboards had a rough beginning there for a while, but have since gotten much better. For me, SwiftKey seems to work best if I delete the stock keyboard.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
My favorite keyboard of all time that I've used on iOS and android was fleksy. After the latest device release iPhone 7 and ios 10 release, the developer fell short to update it anymore. So I went back to using swiftkey as the daily keyboard.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I've decided to give SwiftKey another chance. I have to give it a few days to really start to learn my typing habits before I make a judgement call. It seems a lot better than it used to be though.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW