Swiftkey or iOS keyboard?

Paul Ellis1

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I like both, but prefer Gboard to either. The integration of search and gifs along with the swipe and cursor control functionality are great

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Which is better depends on a user's preference. I simply use the stock keyboard because it's sufficient for my usage. I've tried Swiftkey, Swype, Word Flow and others, but I always end up returning to the stock keyboard.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I prefer SwiftKey. It's my default keyboard. I have the stock keyboard deleted. SwiftKey is smarter. It remembers things you type faster than the stock on the predictive.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I tried a lot of keyboards when third party keyboards became available. However I still find the stock Apple keyboard to be the fastest and most accurate keyboard. Even after SwiftKey learns my touch points, I still find the stock keyboard more accurate.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I won't use any other keyboard than stock because none offer the dictation mic. I use alternate keyboards for some stuff but day-to-day use is stock.

kuje75

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
Come from blackberry, for me, blackberry virtual keyboard is the best. Especially the smooth swiping up gesture. With my iphone 7 plus, i had tried both swift and the ios one. I had also tried Crimson. Similar to bb10 VKB. However, i feel more comfortable to use the iphone one as my regular one. Not that bad actually.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I once used Swiftkey on Android, but now I won't use anything but stock because I don't want to share what I type with a company that may not be able to secure it. The stock keyboard is more than good enough for me.

Last edited:

jnew619

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I once used Swiftly on Android, but now I won't use anything but stock because I don't want to share what I type with a company that may not be able to secure it. The stock keyboard is more than good enough for me.

Yea... that's what keeps me from wanting to mess with other 3rd party boards

Paul Ellis1

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I won't use any other keyboard than stock because none offer the dictation mic. I use alternate keyboards for some stuff but day-to-day use is stock.

Gboard has included mic dictation to text recently. There's a mic symbol on the space bar, just long press to activate. I use that all the time now

a5350df126841723fba7a0bc668a2b23.png

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Come from blackberry, for me, blackberry virtual keyboard is the best. Especially the smooth swiping up gesture. With my iphone 7 plus, i had tried both swift and the ios one. I had also tried Crimson. Similar to bb10 VKB. However, i feel more comfortable to use the iphone one as my regular one. Not that bad actually.

The BlackBerry virtual keyboard was the best I've ever used and I miss it dearly especially flick to type but surprisingly the stock keyboard on iOS has won me over that I don't feel the need to search for another since it does all I need it to do.