Calls from one person always Faceapp

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
For one of my most popular contacts, every time they call it defaults as facetime even though they never use FaceTime and they are using a landline to make the call. The caller ID announces FaceTime.

Yesterday when I was in a normal phone call to them, my iPhone switched to a FaceTime. I don't know if I hit something on my screen but I thought that when the phone was new your face there's a sensor that doesn't allow buttons to be pressed on the screen. I had to take my phone away from my head and nestle it on my shoulders to write something down and that's when the switch happened.

Thoughts?

I suppose anything I try to adjust on my iPhone I should also check on the iPad because both devices are connected.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If the person you're referring to is listed among your "favorites", select the circled i next to that person's name and make sure there's a ⭐️ next to the correct phone number.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
If the person you're referring to is listed among your "favorites", select the circled i next to that person's name and make sure there's a ⭐️ next to the correct phone number.

There is the star there yes.

I also toggled FT off and then on again on both iPhone and iPad so that it reactivates and deleted all the call history. I'll do further testing.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There is the star there yes.

I also toggled FT off and then on again on both iPhone and iPad so that it reactivates and deleted all the call history. I'll do further testing.

Unless you mistakenly selected the FaceTime option as the favorite option then what you're experiencing should not be happening. Just remove that person from your list of favorites and then re-add him or her and be sure not to select the FaceTime option...:)

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Unless you mistakenly selected the FaceTime option as the favorite option then what you're experiencing should not be happening. Just remove that person from your list of favorites and then re-add him or her and be sure not to select the FaceTime option...:)

Thanks for the advice, well I just had them call me back and it seems OK it's normal now. Caller ID did come through as a regular phone call and not FaceTime.

But here's the interesting part they said that I sent a photo of my friend and I never did. Something from a year ago or so. Very strange but it could be a mistake on their part.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the advice, well I just had them call me back and it seems OK it's normal now. Caller ID did come through as a regular phone call and not FaceTime.

But here's the interesting part they said that I sent a photo of my friend and I never did. Something from a year ago or so. Very strange but it could be a mistake on their part.

That is strange. Still, I'm glad things are working as it should. Thanks for the update, sir...

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Here's some more weirdness for you to digest, I got a FaceTime call from my buddy who is downtown at a mall, and I answered and I hear people talking where he was. His phone pocket dialled me. Just been a weird day.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Here's some more weirdness for you to digest, I got a FaceTime call from my buddy who is downtown at a mall, and I answered and I hear people talking where he was. His phone pocket dialled me. Just been a weird day.

That's weird. "Pocket" dialing, as you so nicely put it , hasn't happened to me in ages.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR