Speaking about security aspects, I started using Keychain today. I went through Safari, Passwords and put about 16 apps usernames and PW's in there. I like how even if I loan my phone to someone to make a call the PW's are fingerprint protected. I just hope there is never some big hack on iCloud because it seems to happen occasionally.

For one entry I didn't enter it correctly and it removed it. So am I to understand that it knows if you entered the PW wrong that it will not allow it to be stored in Keychain, or just a mistake I made?
    04-11-2017 10:54 PM
    Speaking about security aspects, I started using Keychain today. I went through Safari, Passwords and put about 16 apps usernames and PW's in there. I like how even if I loan my phone to someone to make a call the PW's are fingerprint protected. I just hope there is never some big hack on iCloud because it seems to happen occasionally.
    That shouldn't matter. From Apple's iOS Security Guide (http://images.apple.com/euro/privacy...rity_Guide.pdf ):

While the user’s keychain database is backed up to iCloud, it remains protected by a UID-tangled key. This allows the keychain to be restored only to the same device from which it originated, and it means no one else, including Apple, can read the user’s keychain items.
    Somebody could steal the database but it would be useless to them without cracking the AES encryption, which should take many centuries at best. If they want your passwords, it would probably be easier to use some sort of phishing attack to make you try to log in somewhere without realizing that you are at the wrong site.
    04-12-2017 01:09 PM
    Ah Yeah. Another thing I noticed is that when I set up about 16 different keychain passwords on the iPhone, at the same time I had keychain turned off on the iPad air, but it still put five of those on the iPad. No idea why five of them. But I simply deleted them off the iPad because I don't need them there. Also my iPad is only a four digit passcode and a couple of my friends know the passcode so that they can use it when we're together so as long as I keep them on the iPhone that's fine protected by fingerprint.
    04-12-2017 01:34 PM
    Ah Yeah. Another thing I noticed is that when I set up about 16 different keychain passwords on the iPhone, at the same time I had keychain turned off on the iPad air, but it still put five of those on the iPad. No idea why five of them. But I simply deleted them off the iPad because I don't need them there. Also my iPad is only a four digit passcode and a couple of my friends know the passcode so that they can use it when we're together so as long as I keep them on the iPhone that's fine protected by fingerprint.
    Are those you deleted off the iPad still on the phone?
    04-12-2017 04:56 PM
    Are those you deleted off the iPad still on the phone?
    Yes they are still all on the iPhone
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    04-12-2017 08:34 PM
30 12