5S getting hot after 10.3.1 upgrade

Keldog

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
After upgrading to 10.3.1, my 5S is getting noticeably hot. I did a clean install, restoring as new through iTunes.

Anyone else having the same experience?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
How long after the update is it hot? There's a lot that goes into doing an update, and iOS does a lot of behind the scenes work after an install. If it's updated and hot within 24 hours, I'm not worried. After a day? That's a different story.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
After upgrading to 10.3.1, my 5S is getting noticeably hot. I did a clean install, restoring as new through iTunes.

Anyone else having the same experience?

Do you have a good deal of items (photos, videos, music & other files) syncing to the device?Also, do you have a good deal of apps waiting in queue to be reinstalled? If so, it is not uncommon for the device to get noticeably warm until the process is finished.

Keldog

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I keep the phone pretty light, no music or photos on the device. (Everything's in the cloud) I already have background app refresh off and also have transparency off, to help with performance.

It's still getting warm, but not as bad. Alas, the signing window is closed, so there's no going back.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I keep the phone pretty light, no music or photos on the device. (Everything's in the cloud) I already have background app refresh off and also have transparency off, to help with performance.

It's still getting warm, but not as bad. Alas, the signing window is closed, so there's no going back.

Background App Refresh will actually help. No need to turn it off. It helps apps run in the background more efficiently. It's probably an app or two. Try swiping out any apps you may suspect in multitasking. Then do a hard reset.
Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner