10.3.1 Bluetooth issue

CPR

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
After installing the latest IOS, last week, my Sony Clock Radio, does NOT connect properly via Bluetooth.
Apple techs blame the radio; ( of course)
Whenever it connects, a mini headphone icon, appears on the top of the phone; (IPhone SE 64GB), next to the battery % meter
Meaning, the sound DOESN"T play through the radio
In my Acura, the BT is flawless; I connected my HP Windows 10 PC, & my BB Q10, with ZERO problems
There's something in the new SW, that's causing the malfunction
Have tried rebooting, etc; nothing helps
Thoughts?
PS: I will NOT wipe the phone; too many wifi passwords, etc.

bmhillegass87

Apr 12, 2017
Visit site
Hi CPR,

I know you mentioned about rebooting, etc. But, have you tried simply repairing the device in the bluetooth settings? I occasionally will have similar issues with my JVC Car stereo. Simply, "forgetting the device" and repairing usually will do the trick. To do so:

Go to settings > bluetooth> tap the "i" icon of the device you are having issues with > forget this device.

Based on the post i'm not sure if you are having issues with the sony clock radio or the bluetooth in the acura. Sorry if you've perhaps attempted this, but figured we should start somewhere!

CPR

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
I've tried "forgetting" the device 6 times; no luck
It's NOT the Acura, or the Sony radio; it's the IOS 10.3.1 software:mad:

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
You know -- I haven't tried my Bluetooth headset since I went to 10.3.1. I will be using them in the morning for my run. I do, however, have my Apple Watch and Fitbit One paired with my phone at all times and haven't had issues.

bmhillegass87

Apr 12, 2017
Visit site
Hi CPR- a took a peak over at Apple's official forums and yes, I see the stability you and many others are talking about since the most recent update. I'll keep my eyes out and see if anyone has suggestions beyond what we are seeing here. So far the top 3 have been:

1. Forgot and repair on the phone (which you did).
2. Delete the Bluetooth pairing on the device in question if possible. IE go to your Acura settings on your console and remove the saved iPhone and repair
3. Reset network settings on the device. Settings > general > reset > reset network settings (be careful here as you can wipe your entire device if you aren't reading carefully).

Apple is pretty quick about addressing these types of issues. Hopefully as more suggestions arrive we can post them here.

I'm assuming up until this point the Bluetooth was stable?

bmhillegass87

Apr 12, 2017
Visit site
As a side note my Fitbit blaze continues to pair fine however I did have to re pair my car Bluetooth since the update. Thought I'd pass along my own experiences!

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I know that you don't want to lose WiFi passphrases, so resetting network settings is probably one of the last things that you'll want to do, as it will lose them all.

I have a Garmin watch, an Apple Watch, two sets of headphones, and two cars paired with my phone, and the only issue I have is that occasionally Bluetooth on the phone crashes and everything quickly disconnects and re-connects. But, this happens maybe once a month, only when I am using the Garmin watch, and the issue goes back to iOS 10.0.1. It hasn't happened to me on 10.3.1 yet. Yes, I know, the last thing that you want to hear, but BT has been pretty reliable for me.

One thing that you could try is to do an encrypted backup to iTunes, which will allow you to restore WiFi passcode, email passwords, all of your apps and home screen layouts, and health data. However, if there is some corruption in BT on your phone, it's a chance that it will get fixed on restore. Before you restore from iTunes after doing a phone reset, you could even try pairing to all of your BT devices without any apps or data restored and see if the problem recurs with the Sony clock. If it works, then you know at least that the very last troubleshooting step, resetting the phone and rebuilding from scratch, will help.

Backing up to iTunes with encryption: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205220
Restore an iPhone from iTunes backup: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204184

Or, from here on iMore: How to restore your iPhone or iPad from a backup | iMore

Just be extra careful that you know the iTunes backup passphrase. I did this once, thought that I knew the passphrase (it was stored in the keychain on my Mac) - and the backup password I thought I knew was wrong, so I ended up having to rebuild from scratch anyway.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I had a similar issue with a device not playing sound, and I'll mention it here since I don't see it:

When you pair the Sony device and your iOS device, do you have the volume turned up on both devices?

Not to be a Mr. Smarty Pants, but I had a similar issue that drove me crazy until I discovered the sound was turned down on my phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice