Lock Screen Beef

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I miss the "Swipe to unlock" from iOS 9. The issue I have with needing to press or at least test finger on home button to unlock is if I want to unlock phone with a finger not saved into phone, I have to press a couple times for it to pull up the password option.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Like I'm saying if I want to type a password instead of fingerprint, no way to do so unless I fail the fingerprint a couple times. I likes the swipe, you could then do either

Using fingerprint is much easier. Why bother with entering a passcode? Does your fingerprint not work? Enable raise to wake, then only one push on the home button brings up the passcode option.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Like I'm saying if I want to type a password instead of fingerprint, no way to do so unless I fail the fingerprint a couple times. I likes the swipe, you could then do either

I agree that it would be nice to have an option to return swipe to unlock (perhaps knowing that this removes the widget screen from the unlock screen - see, it would be complicated. How do you know if you are swiping to unlock or swiping to get to the widgets or the camera?)

But - why not train whichever other finger you would use to unlock in that situation? I have multiple fingers set to unlock Touch ID for the reason you mention.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234