Hi all,

I recently bought a relatively new Ford vehicle with standard Bluetooth Sony Audio System.

Try as I might, I cannot seem to get the car parking location to work in maps!

Setting is on under maps, frequent locations is on etc.

It worked perfectly in my old car but since upgrading it will never display my parking location.

Was it ever confirmed that it may just not work with certain Bluetooth equipped cars?

Thanks.
    03-02-2017 06:56 AM
    Not that I'm aware of. The only place it typically doesn't display is when you're parked at home. Anyway, hopefully, others will offer advice / suggestions skins.
    03-02-2017 07:50 AM
    Not that I'm aware of. The only place it typically doesn't display is when you're parked at home. Anyway, hopefully, others will offer advice / suggestions skins.
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm usually quite clued up with iOS but I'm thinking it's a compatibility issue with my car audio system.
    03-02-2017 08:06 AM
    It's never worked for me and I've tried it hundreds of times. Does frequent locations setting have to be on?
    03-02-2017 04:36 PM
    I'm thinking it's a compatibility issue with my car audio system.
    Based off the explanation in the iPhone User Guide in iBooks, it sounds like you just need to be connected to via bluetooth. "When you disconnect iPhone from your car's Bluetooth or CarPlay system and exit your parked vehicle, Maps drops a Parked Car pin so you can easily navigate back to where you left it."

The questions I have are: do you have to have maps open the entire time? do you have to manually disconnect from the bluetooth or just turn the radio off?
    03-02-2017 04:43 PM
    Mine is set to its default setting. That's sufficient for me.
    03-02-2017 05:37 PM
    Your what? Frequent locations? default is on isn't it?
    03-02-2017 05:59 PM
    Based off the explanation in the iPhone User Guide in iBooks, it sounds like you just need to be connected to via bluetooth. "When you disconnect iPhone from your car's Bluetooth or CarPlay system and exit your parked vehicle, Maps drops a Parked Car pin so you can easily navigate back to where you left it."

The questions I have are: do you have to have maps open the entire time? do you have to manually disconnect from the bluetooth or just turn the radio off?
    On my old system the parked car location happened automatically and the destinations widget would show my parked car location. This would be with Bluetooth connected.

Same settings but I no longer get the parked car. It must be my system as it's the only thing that has changed.
    03-02-2017 10:47 PM
    It's never worked for me and I've tried it hundreds of times. Does frequent locations setting have to be on?
    Yes it has to be on for it to work.
    03-02-2017 10:48 PM
    Yes it has to be on for it to work.
    Thanks, I did not know that. No wonder why it's never worked.
    03-02-2017 11:25 PM
    Thanks, I did not know that. No wonder why it's never worked.
    No problem, happy to help! 😀
    03-03-2017 12:11 AM