Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
Results 151 to 165 of 165
Like Tree107Likes
  1. #151  
    Spencerdl's Avatar

    Posts
    19,991 Posts
    Global Posts
    32,111 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Developer 10.3 Beta 2 Available

    Quote Originally Posted by metllicamilitia View Post
    I've been running the betas since iOS 7 or 8, and this is the first time a beta has actually effected my usage.
    10.3 Beta 2 hasn't effected my usage, but I'm ready for the next beta release for sure.
    nikkisharif likes this.
  2. #152  
    00101's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Developer 10.3 Beta 2 Available

    Battery drain on this release is the first problem I encounter with a beta since I'm on the first beta of iOS 10.
    Usually I find the updates flawless.
    I'm back on 10.2.1 until beta 3.
    nikkisharif likes this.
  3. #153  
    nikkisharif's Avatar

    Posts
    4,865 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,940 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Developer 10.3 Beta 2 Available

    Quote Originally Posted by metllicamilitia View Post
    I've been running the betas since iOS 7 or 8, and this is the first time a beta has actually effected my usage.
    I totally agree!!! Been running a dev beta since iOS 7 with no issues until now. I'm so ready for an update!
    Spencerdl likes this.
  4. #154  
    Spencerdl's Avatar

    Posts
    19,991 Posts
    Global Posts
    32,111 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Developer 10.3 Beta 2 Available

    Quote Originally Posted by nikkisharif View Post
    I totally agree!!! Been running a dev beta since iOS 7 with no issues until now. I'm so ready for an update!
    Me too. I think Apple is holding off on the "Dark Theme" for iOS 11 to make it an epic update, but I wish they would release it NOW.
    nikkisharif likes this.
  5. #155  
    Tartarus's Avatar

    Posts
    11,175 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,306 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Developer 10.3 Beta 2 Available

    Quote Originally Posted by Spencerdl View Post
    Me too. I think Apple is holding off on the "Dark Theme" for iOS 11 to make it an epic update, but I wish they would release it NOW.
    Some people had some theories about the WWDC 2017 photo today and a few of them say that Dark Mode is indeed in the hidden clues In that photoZ
    nikkisharif likes this.
  6. #156  
    doogald's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    338 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,690 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Developer 10.3 Beta 2 Available

    Quote Originally Posted by Spencerdl View Post
    Me too. I think Apple is holding off on the "Dark Theme" for iOS 11 to make it an epic update, but I wish they would release it NOW.
    Dark mode would be better for an OLED display (for power reasons - a black pixel uses no power on OLED, but uses the same backlight power than any other color on an LED display), and, since rumors say an OLED display may be coming this fall, that makes a lot of sense that it comes with this fall's iOS.
  7. #157  
    robertk328's Avatar

    Posts
    6,120 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,201 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Developer 10.3 Beta 2 Available

    Quote Originally Posted by doogald View Post
    Dark mode would be better for an OLED display (for power reasons - a black pixel uses no power on OLED, but uses the same backlight power than any other color on an LED display), and, since rumors say an OLED display may be coming this fall, that makes a lot of sense that it comes with this fall's iOS.
    they should just skip the dark mode completely, just to punk @Spencerdl
  8. #158  
    Rob Phillips's Avatar

    Posts
    8,849 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,869 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Developer 10.3 Beta 2 Available

    Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    they should just skip the dark mode completely, just to punk @Spencerdl
    They should definitely stick with the translucent dock too.
  9. #159  
    robertk328's Avatar

    Posts
    6,120 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,201 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Developer 10.3 Beta 2 Available

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Phillips View Post
    They should definitely stick with the translucent dock too.
    I love the translucent dock! If it goes away, I'm switching to Blackberry.
  10. #160  
    Spencerdl's Avatar

    Posts
    19,991 Posts
    Global Posts
    32,111 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Developer 10.3 Beta 2 Available

    Quote Originally Posted by doogald View Post
    Dark mode would be better for an OLED display (for power reasons - a black pixel uses no power on OLED, but uses the same backlight power than any other color on an LED display), and, since rumors say an OLED display may be coming this fall, that makes a lot of sense that it comes with this fall's iOS.
    If it uses the same power as any other color then why not just release it. I'm still using the phone with different colors so it shouldn't matter if I use black or white or color...power (battery usage) will still be the same. I'm not concerned about the OLED display and we know that it uses more power (battery usage), so it does make sense for the "Dark Theme" on that screen, but let's cross that bridge when we get to it.
  11. #161  
    Spencerdl's Avatar

    Posts
    19,991 Posts
    Global Posts
    32,111 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Developer 10.3 Beta 2 Available

    Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    they should just skip the dark mode completely, just to punk @Spencerdl
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Phillips View Post
    They should definitely stick with the translucent dock too.
    See, and you wonder why I don't like the BOB'S....LOL
  12. #162  
    Rob Phillips's Avatar

    Posts
    8,849 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,869 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Developer 10.3 Beta 2 Available

    Quote Originally Posted by Spencerdl View Post
    See, and you wonder why I don't like the BOB'S....LOL
    Say what you want. We both know that @robertk328 and I are like grandkids to you.

    To stay on topic, beta seems really smooth. Finally fixed CallKit!
  13. #163  
    robertk328's Avatar

    Posts
    6,120 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,201 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Developer 10.3 Beta 2 Available

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Phillips View Post
    Say what you want. We both know that @robertk328 and I are like grandkids to you.

    To stay on topic, beta seems really smooth. Finally fixed CallKit!
    Yeah, what @Rob Phillips said ... CallKit was broken, needed Hiya to work!
  14. #164  
    doogald's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    338 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,690 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Developer 10.3 Beta 2 Available

    Quote Originally Posted by Spencerdl View Post
    If it uses the same power as any other color then why not just release it.
    Blacks look great on OLED; not as great on LED, because of the backlight bleed.

    I'm sure it's because Apple's interface designers prefer a white background and don't really want a dark mode, but they'll offer it when it makes sense to have it. Apple offers functionality when they want to, not when people like us think they should. We all know that...
  15. #165  
    Spencerdl's Avatar

    Posts
    19,991 Posts
    Global Posts
    32,111 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Developer 10.3 Beta 2 Available

    Quote Originally Posted by doogald View Post
    Blacks look great on OLED; not as great on LED, because of the backlight bleed.

    I'm sure it's because Apple's interface designers prefer a white background and don't really want a dark mode, but they'll offer it when it makes sense to have it. Apple offers functionality when they want to, not when people like us think they should. We all know that...
    Yeah, this is true and I have some choice words for those designers as well...LOL
    nikkisharif likes this.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-09-2017, 10:00 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2017, 10:25 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-02-2017, 08:42 AM
  4. Wifi disconnects randomly - iOS 10.2.1
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-01-2017, 11:55 AM

Posting Permissions