Getting AAE files back onto iPhone

tai4de2

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Is there a way to get AAE files back into the iPhone?

My photo management approach has been to copy photos from the iPhone camera roll onto my PC, then delete the photos from the iPhone. Then on the PC I move files around into different directories, and sync those directories back to the iPhone with iTunes.

The problem is that iTunes doesn't sync any corresponding AAE files from the PC to the iPhone. I can't figure out whether this is possible.

The reason I am not simply creating albums on the iPhone is that I want the file structure to match between my PC and the iPhone. An album created on the iPhone is just metadata (the files stay in the camera roll). This makes management more challenging.

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
That's how I used to manage my photos..now I use iCloud Photo Library..I uploaded all my photos to iCloud Photo Library from my PC intact in folders how I had them, then I think I had to recreate those folders as "albums" on my phone..not sure it's the best way, plus bought 50gb iCloud storage to do it..but it seems to work ok..took a lot of up front work though.. I don't recall what AAE files are..

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
To my knowledge you can't sync those files back onto phone in iTunes.. I believe those are Photo edit modification data for the corresponding named jpg file in that folder.. your original unedited photo should still be there.. if u want to re-edit that photo on PC then sync back to phone that would be the only way to get the edited photo back on phone thru iTunes in that scenario..

tai4de2

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Yeah the AAE files describe edits -- crop, rotation, filters etc. It's not a huge deal to lose them since the original files are intact, but this still seems like a hole in the photo management story.

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Yeah the AAE files describe edits -- crop, rotation, filters etc. It's not a huge deal to lose them since the original files are intact, but this still seems like a hole in the photo management story.

Yeah...I know... I used to have photos from a small camera I had also.. Like I said, I used to do it only on PC(edit) then sync back to phone.. I've resolved to using only my iPhone for photos, and iCloud Photos set to optimize to save space.. I've got 50gb space that's almost gone so soon I'll have to increase to the 200gb which is stupid..they need a 100gb tier!..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2