iOS 10 Bugs and Problems - report them here!

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
If you create a backup using iOS 10.3 beta, you cannot restore that backup to an previous iOS version. You can, however, restore a backup made via iOS 10.2.1 to a device running iOS 10.3 beta.

Hmmm I say, hmmmm. I'll give that some consideration. Thanks for the clarification.

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Whenever the iTunes store sends a notification (item from a season pass or preorder is available for example) tapping the notification will crash the respective app that it was supposed to open, in this case either the TV app or the Music app.

uandme72

Mar 19, 2017
Visit site
I am having issue of vanishing notifications in notification center for new mail on ios 10.3 beta 7 since beta 1.
The notifications for new mail either dont appear in notification center, or if they appear they disappear whenever the mail app is opened even if the mail itself is not opened.
Problem is not resolved even after Reset All Settings, restore from backup etc.

JsonLu

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
I cannot open an app from the lock screen (left corner icon) if there are notifications on the lock screen.

For instance, if you receive a mail or an iMessage the notification is displayed on the lock screen (depending on your notification settings).
If such a notification is displayed, and you have an app icon in the lower left corner of the lock screen (due to a "handoff" situation, a "Siri app suggestion", location app suggestion situation or other), you cannot grab that icon and swipe up to open the app.
You have to remove the notification first, such as swiping left on the notification and select "dismiss".
When there are no notifications displayed on the lock screen the "open app" function works again.

This is the case since, I believe 10.0, or possibly 10.1, and it is still the case with 10.3.

I have tried on iPhone 7 and 7 plus.
I am not sure the same problem occurs on iPads.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I cannot open an app from the lock screen (left corner icon) if there are notifications on the lock screen.

For instance, if you receive a mail or an iMessage the notification is displayed on the lock screen (depending on your notification settings).
If such a notification is displayed, and you have an app icon in the lower left corner of the lock screen (due to a "handoff" situation, a "Siri app suggestion", location app suggestion situation or other), you cannot grab that icon and swipe up to open the app.
You have to remove the notification first, such as swiping left on the notification and select "dismiss".
When there are no notifications displayed on the lock screen the "open app" function works again.

Quoting to confirm, on iPhone 6s. I don't use the handoff/suggestion icons all that often, but they do nothing if there is a notification on the lock screen.

alc1575

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I noticed after updating to 10.3 yesterday that all of my recently added contacts and ringtones were missing from my 6s. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks.

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

This is the case since, I believe 10.0, or possibly 10.1, and it is still the case with 10.3.

I have tried on iPhone 7 and 7 plus.
I am not sure the same problem occurs on iPads.

Been having the same issue. I never knew it was supposed to be any different (though it never did make sense to me as to why they would do it like that...guess that's why lol)

JsonLu

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
Don't know if this is a watch of phone problem, but this forum has a "report bugs thread" so.... :nerd:

When sending a mail from the watch, via the phone, I will immediately get a "message not sent" notice (looks like an email) on the watch, even though the mail is actually sent.
If I delete it directly I might get another one in about half a second.
If I leave it it will disappear on its own, sooner or later...

I believe this started with iOS 10, watchOS 3.0, and is still the case with iOS 10.3 and watchOS 3.2.

Derren Branson

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
10.3 has introduced a bug with some CCK connections. I use one with a Chord Mojo DAC. Audio through the device is now stopping randomly. I reached out to Chord who said it should just be an issue with non genuine apple cables. But I'm using a genuine CCK. Seems to be happening fine few others with genuine CCK's too

sooteee

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this is a bug or a persistent cookie or something from iMore, but when you go to Settings → Safari → Advanced → Website Data, then select "Remove All Website Data" and "Remove Now", all items disappear. However, if you go back and select "Website Data" again, iMore.com will reappear. Even if you select "Clear History and Website Data" beforehand, the results are the same. The only way to rid that section of iMore.com is to swipe left on iMore .com and then select "Delete". I recall someone else reporting the same thing in a different thread a while back, but I don't recall the thread topic.

I was going to report this so will just +1 your post. Exactly the same here but I now have 3 cookies that no amount of auto deleting or manual deleting will remove. All 68kb in size and all just respawn when removed. Considering Apple's policies on privacy allowing persistent (possibly tracking) cookies this is just not acceptable.
I followed the advice on Apple's website, clear cookies, force close safari and settings, restart device etc but nothing, nada, nil, nowt!
Have reported it but heard nothing back so maybe if others start reporting it they may take notice.

GlennRuss

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Reference the web data not deleting. I started a new thread, because I searched, and the forum indicated nothing found. I have researched this for a fix. It was stated Apple is aware of this, and is working on a fix. Others have gone to the Genius Bar, and no fix. Total reset to factory settings fixed it for others, but it soon came back. One site statement stated their "IT" people called it a vulnerability, and were looking to replace the iPhones. Some stated it has been a problem since iOS9. It was stated it is due to "super cookies" Apple fix that in the last update 10.3.2. The bottom line, it is still a problem. It showed a website ..........com 0 bytes, and no matter what you try, will not delete. If by chance it does, if you visit that site again, it comes back. The weird thing, it is not always the same site. iMore.com does not do it on my iPhone 6S. Others have stated that little by little, other sites are starting to show up with the same issue 0 bytes, will not delete. I agree with others, even tho it says 0 bytes, something has to be there in the background. Is it harmless, or the potential for security problems?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73