iOS 10.3.2 is officially available

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
re: iOS 10.2

Well my BT/Bluetooth in my car (Chevy equinox 2013) is jacked up it seems like. Try to make calls or answer calls it sometime does nothing or call failed. On the same note. Not sure how car audio with BT is suppose to be on iOS 10. I now have to pick and choose either car or iPhone for audio on the phone trying to do BT in the car. iOS 9 always saved my settings on how to answer calls in the car. iPhone 6s+, beta 7.

My BMW 528i takes the lead from all other Bluetooth devices when I'm near it unless I choose otherwise. I'm running 10.2 (beta 7).

H3aTeRzz

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site

My phone has outlasted me, took it off charge about 10 o'clock last night. I am at 21%. Take a look at the usage and standby time! Wow

iPhone 7 Plus on beta 7

iMoreAppImg_20161208_202219.jpg

Impressed

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Well my BT/Bluetooth in my car (Chevy equinox 2013) is jacked up it seems like. Try to make calls or answer calls it sometime does nothing or call failed. On the same note. Not sure how car audio with BT is suppose to be on iOS 10. I now have to pick and choose either car or iPhone for audio on the phone trying to do BT in the car. iOS 9 always saved my settings on how to answer calls in the car. iPhone 6s+, beta 7.

Our Charger and BMW connect automatically & im running beta 7 on my 6s+. Have you tried to delete the device and reconnect again?

huff825

May 22, 2016
Visit site

Take it it's treating you pretty well then? I would like to jump on the public beta but don't want to have to wipe my phone and all that just to go back to get the release version when it's out

Download the final version of iOS

If you have an iOS beta version and want to download the final version, follow these steps:
Connect your device to iTunes.

While your device is connected, force it to restart. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding until you see the Recovery Mode screen.

When asked, choose Update to download and install the latest non-beta version of iOS.
An update install won't affect your content or settings.

Go back to the current version of iOS

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

Download the final version of iOS

If you have an iOS beta version and want to download the final version, follow these steps:
Connect your device to iTunes.

While your device is connected, force it to restart. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding until you see the Recovery Mode screen.

When asked, choose Update to download and install the latest non-beta version of iOS.
An update install won't affect your content or settings.

Go back to the current version of iOS

So I can install the beta and when th final version is released to the public I can just download it and update to it via iTunes? I thought we always had to wipe our phones and completely install the new version, or installing via iTunes requires a wipe (except for updates)?

Also, will my phone be seen as an official phone or a beta phone still (even though I would update to the official version via iTunes)? I recall doing this before but the App Store still didn't recognize me as having the release version and wouldn't let me write reviews

Jbrown99

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Developer Beta iOS 10.2 Beta 7

Our Charger and BMW connect automatically & im running beta 7 on my 6s+. Have you tried to delete the device and reconnect again?

It connects fine. It's when I go to answer the call from the steering wheel or even from the phone. I have to select the car on the audio pop-up screen on the phone.
d08f6aa4721d10c8188398ab810d7e2a.png
7b0e9f8106eb4105c112f26105fdaf9e.jpg

It doesn't automatically play thru the car speakers until I pick. It's annoying. Must be my car. Does the same steps when making a call from the phone. Soon as I hit dial. It asks me, Chevy or iPhone headset, to listen/hear the person. By then the person on the other end is like hello hello.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

It connects fine. It's when I go to answer the call from the steering wheel or even from the phone. I have to select the car on the audio pop-up screen on the phone. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161209/d08f6aa4721d10c8188398ab810d7e2a.png//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161209/7b0e9f8106eb4105c112f26105fdaf9e.jpg
It doesn't automatically play thru the car speakers until I pick. It's annoying. Must be my car. Does the same steps when making a call from the phone. Soon as I hit dial. It asks me, Chevy or iPhone headset, to listen/hear the person. By then the person on the other end is like hello hello.

Oh...that's weird

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

It connects fine. It's when I go to answer the call from the steering wheel or even from the phone. I have to select the car on the audio pop-up screen on the phone. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161209/d08f6aa4721d10c8188398ab810d7e2a.png//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161209/7b0e9f8106eb4105c112f26105fdaf9e.jpg

I've used several BT headsets as well as car audios so far and my experience is that when you answer calls on your phone, even if you're connected to BT, the sound comes through your phone speakers.
In order to have the sound come through your BT connection, you have to answer and initiate calls through your BT device.

Jbrown99

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site

I've used several BT headsets as well as car audios so far and my experience is that when you answer calls on your phone, even if you're connected to BT, the sound comes through your phone speakers.
In order to have the sound come through your BT connection, you have to answer and initiate calls through your BT device.

Thats the thing. I have answered calls through my cars BT and I have to pick up the phone to select which audio headset to choose from, Chevy equinox or iPhone audio. Per example photos. Frustrating.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Thats the thing. I have answered calls through my cars BT and I have to pick up the phone to select which audio headset to choose from, Chevy equinox or iPhone audio. Per example photos. Frustrating.

That's a first for me. Hopefully it will get solved soon.

Did you 'Forget This Device' and pair anew again ?

bellifritz

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

5c2368ee55563d30fea0de59b179927a.jpg

Have you checked call audio routing under accessibility? I had problems when it was set to automatic.

Jbrown99

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

To those of you having abysmal battery life, check the battery settings to see whether or not your standby time is identical to your usage time. If they are then you more than likely have a rogue app that's causing the problem probably one that's not playing well with the latest beta.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

I'm delighted with battery life on my 6S plus. I had been using a Nexus 6P, which is a terrific phone but the battery life was nowhere near what I'm seeing on this beta.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Developer Beta iOS 10.2 Beta 7

To those of you having abysmal battery life, check the battery settings to see whether or not your standby time is identical to your usage time. If they are then you more than likely have a rogue app that's causing the problem probably one that's not playing well with the latest beta.

Nope. Never had it identical. And nothing out of the normal for a single app draining battery. Beta 7 is a little better but not as good as it was on beta 3 and prior. I had to band aid the problem with a battery pack. I hope the final version isn't the same as beta 7. The battery issues for me started with Beta 4 or 5 I think. But beta 7 isn't as bad as beta 5 or 6 though.

huff825

May 22, 2016
Visit site

Suddenly tonight. Battery went from 80% to 60% in a short period while not using. Restart brought it back up to 69%, then it dropped to 59% in a few minutes. No idea what is doing this.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Suddenly tonight. Battery went from 80% to 60% in a short period while not using. Restart brought it back up to 69%, then it dropped to 59% in a few minutes. No idea what is doing this.

It's more and likely the beta that is probably being released to the public in a day or two. Unfortunately if it does, it's not ready unless they release it with a new build number.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711